No announcement yet.

Trying not to get my hopes up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for letting us hear. This job would not only be huge for him, but for you, too. I hope it works out. I'm sorry it's been a long, drawn out process. Hope the weather doesn't stop the meeting. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the update TaraMarie...I was looking for this and wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. I started a new job myself yesterday that is keeping me off the web right now, but it would put me in a position to move and immigrate to my SO in just over a year. Continued good luck to your guy!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
        Thanks for the update TaraMarie...I was looking for this and wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. I started a new job myself yesterday that is keeping me off the web right now, but it would put me in a position to move and immigrate to my SO in just over a year. Continued good luck to your guy!
        Congrats BabyGund!

Comment

Thanks, all. I got home last night and I will be on pins and needles all day! I almost didn't make it...I got the last flight out. All flights were canceled until Thursday due to the weather. This was the first time I have ever wished for my flight to be canceled. I will update if there is any news, but I wouldn't expect to hear for a few days!
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Thanks Ahava - I honestly didn't know when I took the position that the company had an office in Toronto. I confirmed again today with HR that as long as I am in good standing after a year, I can apply for the transfer to Toronto. Sometimes blessings work out in ways you didn't expect!

TaraMarie -- any news at all today? Or fingers and toes still crossed?

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I just got off the phone with him. They changed the meeting and he ended up having a dinner meeting with the president and VP. Tonight. So on Tuesday afternoon he got a call from the VP and he said that they were concerned with the math portion of his assessment test because it didn't score in line with his other tests. So they wanted him to look at a profit and loss statement and give them his opinion on areas of concern or areas to improve. He didn't get the P&L until 11 pm last night. He went through it and put together a PowerPoint presentation and hit EVERYTHING they were looking for. They were very impressed that he was able to do this in such a short period of time, especially considering that he received it so late at night. It turned out that was a test they were giving all of the candidates because everyone's math score wasn't as high as they would have expected (must be something wrong with the test)and they wanted to make sure he knew what he was talking about.

They loved him. They left it with " so if we come to you with an offer tomorrow, and your current employer counters, will you stay there". Pretty sure the job offer will be here by MONDAY! So excited for him....now I have to pray that the offer is for ATLANTA! I don't want them to want to keep him in NY!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh wow Tara! That is fantastic! Ill be crossing my fingers for you and him and wishing you both get what you want! Its so great to hear good things on here. Good Luck and thanks for the update!

Comment

Thanks for the update! That is so exciting!
                  Fingers crossed for Atlanta

Do you know how many other people are on the final list?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
                    Thanks Ahava - I honestly didn't know when I took the position that the company had an office in Toronto. I confirmed again today with HR that as long as I am in good standing after a year, I can apply for the transfer to Toronto. Sometimes blessings work out in ways you didn't expect!

TaraMarie -- any news at all today? Or fingers and toes still crossed?
                    Yey! Good things come sometimes in unexpected ways

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                      Thanks for the update! That is so exciting!
                      Fingers crossed for Atlanta

Do you know how many other people are on the final list?
                      I don't know. I am confident they will present an offer. He is the type of person who doesn't want to be disappointed, so he won't let himself believe that he's got it. He NEEDS THIS. I will update as soon as I hear!

Btw..they also asked how quickly he could start.....that sounds promising.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                        I don't know. I am confident they will present an offer. He is the type of person who doesn't want to be disappointed, so he won't let himself believe that he's got it. He NEEDS THIS. I will update as soon as I hear!

Btw..they also asked how quickly he could start.....that sounds promising.....
                        It does indeed!
                        Hope to hear the good news from you soon

Comment

This is great news. I'm praying for you both that this works out. I can't imagine the stress you both are feeling. I'm admiring his ability to put together a Powerpoint presentation that quickly.

Comment

Thanks for the updates! I've been praying for both of you and will continue to do so! I'll keep my eye out for more updates and hope it will all work out well!
                            Our love story:
                            Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                            Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                            Reconnected: August 2012
                            Began dating LD: November 2012
                            Engaged! March 2014
                            Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Thanks again. Hoping to hear today....... So hard to wait.....
                              sigpic

Comment

And?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Comment

Working...
                                X