I just need to vent....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rane View Post
    Wow seriously though, breaking his teeth? That's not just going to fix itself... Even if they are doing it to save his life, they have a responsibility to do their job correctly don't they? I'd think that they should be liable in some way for permanent irreversible damage...
    We were talking about this in class last night, I am taking a Medical Coding Class..and when you get anethesia..they tell you of the "risks" and they aren't responsible for it. It was out of kindness that a dentist came and saw him. I know when I have had to be intubated..if you aren't breathing...or on the verge of not getting air..they don't care..they will shove it down you...to save your life. It doesn't really make sense, but that is how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
      Holli I am glad you have been able to talk to him off and on..I know not the usual 3 hours/day...but at least he can hear you and your love and you can support him through all this....
      Thank you! I know its hard for me. We are usually so connected with each other that right now i feel disconnected and I hate it. I then start to second guess everything, like does he still love me, and all that stupid stuff. I got to talk to him for a little bit tonight, and i mentioned I felt disconnected and he said he did too. and its good that we are recognizing that, and it won't last forever and we can fix it. So i just need to let go of my ill feelings towards not being contacted the way I want (i know that sounds so awful, I mean, I know he is in the hosptial!..lol am i 5 years old or something?!) and remember that he is contacting me and doing the best he can!

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
        I'm so sorry you're going through this. It must be really hard to be on that end. I sure appreciated what Rane did for me when I went through my ordeal, and I am positive you will get the same feedback once he is out and feeling better. You know, when I came out of surgery, I had a fat lip, like, 3x normal size from the intubation. I also had almost no voice and an awful sore throat. Makes me wonder about those anesthesiologists. O_o
        Thanks Lady! i hope he knows how much I love and care for him. I know the intubation is awful, and your throat hurts sooo bad after..that happened to me to, but i had stopped breathing, so they shoved it down my throat, the anestheiologist told me later that he wasn't about to have me die on his watch. Pretty scary stuff!

Comment

agentholli, i'm sorry you both had to go through this... it will be in the past in no time, and you will both feel closer having been through it together...keep your head up, if you aren't feeling as connected doesn't mean you feel any less for each other, don't let these thoughts wander! courage
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Thank YOU ioanna!! I am trying hard to not have the thoughts wander!

Comment

Not having thoughts wonder...ahh I know all about this...I over analyze everything....but right now my dear you can't. He loves you and you know it....
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

He came home today He is still really drained and what not...I am really trying to not let my thoughts wander..Things hopefully will go back to normal soon now that he is back home and getting better!

Comment

its great that he's back home : )
                  Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                  ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by agentholli View Post
                    He came home today He is still really drained and what not...I am really trying to not let my thoughts wander..Things hopefully will go back to normal soon now that he is back home and getting better!
                    Oh thank goodness! You guys will be talking in no time. Maybe you can occupy yourself with sending him some flowers or a get well package? He'd love that!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                    X