No announcement yet.

who asked who out ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He asked me out to coffee (we both say it was too awkward to be considered our first date. It was more like a "reconnect") Then he asked me out for a real date after that. It was all him. (He had been in love with me for 5+ years before he got up the courage for that coffee

Comment

I have no idea. We both wanted to meet just as badly after talking online for a couple months. I would've flown to him for my reading week (in February) but that almost seemed too soon, and he ended up flying to me in March with a cheaper ticket. About three days into our visit, he asked "So, what.. are we?". I honestly was enjoying myself so much I forgot about that part. I'll give him the credit for instigating.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

He waited my table at the beach restuarant we went to every day of the holiday. He asked me to go out with him whenever he saw me, and I said no (I did not like that I liked him, he was younger than me and I had promised myself to only date polyamorous people). I said no time and again and he took the rejection with a smile, which impressed me. He started saying to all my friends that I was the most beautiful women he had seen, and that he did not care at all I was married, because I should date him very soon. All my friends (who does not know I am poly) teased me about this, telling me he was in love with me. It was strange because my ambivalence had shifted towards liking him quite a bit, so my rejections were a bit half-hearted. I went to a party at the restaurant where he persued me even harder. I was like, ok I might date you if you start behaving a little more discreet. We had a little wine after his shift and we talked about our jobs/study. I talked about my husband and I said whatever I did was within the bounds of our marriage. He asked to kiss me and I got very nervous about it, I was like why should I trust him? But when I lied in his lap and he touched my hair and face, I was just sold. I knew whatever happend with him would be very special.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

He told me I was his girlfriend haha. The conversation went something like this, via text, 7 years ago:
          Me: "Have you told you're mom that we're talking?" Around here, Talking means almost dating.
          Him: "I told her you are my girlfriend, because you are."
          Me: "Oh, okay!" Actually, I don't remember what I said to that ha but it was enough for me! Right after that we went to our first pool party together.
          Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
          Old account name: Rach92g
          This Is Us
          Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
          Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
          Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
          Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
          Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
          Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

We were fb friends for a while but never talked. Then his cousin helped us out by starting a conversation we both
            participated in. He gave me his number and said I can call when I felt comfortable talking to him. We exchanged messages on fb and before I got the courage to call, he called me. Thank goodness! I liked him but I'm a bit shy. The next thing, I get a fb message asking if we were a couple lol. As we talked about it later on, he said that he was serious, but just in case I said no, he'd pretend it was all a joke. It worked out great for us!

Comment

He asked me out first then I rejected him lmao
              4 months later I confessed and technically asked him out xD

Comment

He did all the work. I'm so happy and grateful that he did though, otherwise I would have just left and missed out on someone so special to me.

Comment

My SO did the initial pursuing as friends but as for getting together - it kinda just happened. We didn't become official until more than a year later.

Comment

We both kinda made it official after some agreement, neither of us really asked each other. I knew we both had really strong feelings for each other but we had agreed to just be friends. Then one day on the phone I decided to ask. It was something like "I know we agreed to be friends...but what are we? Where is this going? I think I might want more" and then we talked about it and he agreed that he wanted more so we made it official then.

Comment

We met online and he messaged me first. But, after chatting for awhile, I gave him my phone number and we talked on the phone for hours. We both kinda agreed to make plans to meet up before he went home for Christmas break. So I guess it was both of us.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

He was the one who "asked me out". We met online in another forum. In the beginning I did not took our relationship seriously and just saw him as an online buddy and I didn't wanted anything to do with online romances since I got hurt by one many years before but he was very persistent and he wanted to meet me in person. I was afraid and cut communication with him for like a month or two then I realized that I missed him in my life. Then we made plans to meet on the following year. We have visited each other 4 times in total and we are planning the next visit. I hope to close the distance when I finally get a job close to him. My boyfriend is very optimistic and persistent if it weren't for that we wouldn't be together because I can be very pessimistic sometimes.
                        Met online in October 2011
                        Feelings flourished in 2012
                        First Meeting April 2013
                        Second Meeting July 2013
                        Third Meeting November 2013
                        Fourth Meeting January 2014
                        Fifth Meeting April 2014
                        Sixth Meeting July 2014
                        and then weeks later we closed the distance

Comment

He asked me for the first date. We have met during my b-day party and since we talked the whole night, he knew I was leaving home in just three days. The morning after the party he sent me a text message saying he would love to see me one more time before I leave, so we went out .... and that was it

Comment

Neither xD

strangely enough we just started talking and got really close, after that we started doing romantic things together, he'd get jealous if I talked to other guys and vice versa and so we eventually confessed our feelings and all of the sudden we were in a relationship without either of us having asked. Weird huh?

Notes:
                            Met: 8.17.09
                            Started Dating: 8.20.09
                            First Met: 10.2.10
                            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

It should always be the man doing the proposing.

Comment

Originally posted by Markoslav View Post
                                It should always be the man doing the proposing.
                                It's often that way, but not sure why it "should be" that way.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X