Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
    You and I both, dear. You and I both.
    I think this is a better option:

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I understand the point of view you all rigidly maintain. I honestly don't think I did much wrong, and did not deserve that warning. The word I used has nothing to do with the LGBTF community, it's a great term for a man who is not masculine. That's all I was trying to say, the one with more masculinity will be the one who proposes. Also age only counts wisdom, not intelligence (but of course in some cases it does).

I do apologize to everyone whom I may have offended, please accept my apology. Ya nadyeyus' chto nyet russkikh nye dumayu etot.

Comment

Originally posted by Markoslav View Post
        The word I used has nothing to do with the LGBTF community, it's a great term for a man who is not masculine.
        That has everything to do with the LGBT community, and is extremely offensive. It's not a great term for anything, and I recommend you get out of the habit of using it.

--

My SO and I didn't exactly have one person start it... Basically we met at a New Years party at a friend's house, and after that everyone came back to my place. We were cuddling on the couch and then I asked him if he wanted to head upstairs I did say I love you and bring up "the talk" first, but my SO was raised not to be very forthcoming with his feelings, so I needed to step up haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by Markoslav View Post
          I just took the traditional approach, and also because it looks pretty beta for a girl to propose to the guy.
          I don't really agree with that a friend of mine (a girl) is in a relationship with another girl so clearly one girl had to make a move

Comment

He did the asking... except he didn't really ask. We were chatting on Facebook and he actually said,

well
            if you don't get shacked up with some guy I will take you on a pedophile date when you come here
            because I am so old

(He's six years older than me.) Romantic, huh?
            first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
            second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Anoulie View Post
              He did the asking... except he didn't really ask. We were chatting on Facebook and he actually said,

well
              if you don't get shacked up with some guy I will take you on a pedophile date when you come here
              because I am so old

(He's six years older than me.) Romantic, huh?
              hahahahah that's not to bad lol my friend is dating a guy and he's 7 years older I think lol

Comment

i had to do most of the work actually XD we were friends for only 2 or 3 weeks but i really liked him and he said he liked me too but i had trust issues so he said we should wait for a while before we go out and i said okay even tho i really wanted to go out with him. so we waited for a while and then somehow we got to talking about dating and stuff like that XD beccause we talked about how old i was and he said i was 14 and i was actually 13 (he's 14) and then he was like "now i'll have to break up with you i can't date someone younger then me..jk" so i said since when are we dating? O.o
                which was a bit mean if you ask me XD but then he was like "true.." so we talked about everything and he still wanted to wait for a bit because he said he wants me to fully trust him before we start dating and i just told him i do and he can ask me out if he wants and then he finally did ^______________^ 1.21.14 ^_^
                Last edited by Emily1; February 18, 2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

The way we happened was weird. The night before we started going out I started a "so what are we anyway?" conversation. We had been flirting and getting close to one another and we had been cuddly that day during a band activity. My SO was a little wary given our two year age difference and how different we are in terms of interest. I was sure I wanted a relationship with him and I knew he wanted one with me. In the middle of our conversation, his internet went out due to a storm. The next morning at band camp I sought him out and he had already made up his mind. He said to me, after i brought up our previous conversation, "so are we a couple, then?" And when i smiled and said yes he took me in his arms and kissed my forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
                    My SO did all the work originally and for us getting back together!

Originally, we knew of each other in high school (my best friend had a crush on him and introduced me) but we were not friends. We started talking after high school on MySpace and progressed to phone calls, texts, etc. I liked him but didn't think I had a chance and when he asked me on a date, I was flabbergasted! After that, it was equal work.

In getting back together, he messaged me on Facebook (we're such a social network couple and asked how I was and if I could forgive him for all that happened when we had broken up. I replied back but thought that would be the end of it. He proceeded to tell me that he hadn't stopped loving or caring about me but understood that we could only ever be friends...that lasted a whole two months! He wanted to get back together and took all the steps to do so. Even now, he always says he'll fight for our relationship and never leave because he can't stand the thought of losing me again

that is so cute and similar to our story! we knew each other in high school, and briefly dated in college. skip three years and other relationships. it wasn't until he texted me and told me to pick a day for him to visit that it got real. once he came down it pretty much just happened. we knew, and a few days after we left he said "you can even change your facebook relationship status" and that coming from someone that hates facebook! lol. so he definitely made the effort.

Comment

My SO pursued me first. We originally just knew each other from the irc channel we were in (I always had a major crush on him but, never pursued him myself) and several months later he sent me a pm asking if I would like to meet up for a movie that same weekend. We ended up meeting up 3 times over the next month and then he just asked me one day if I wanted to be his girlfriend.

Met Online: 02/2012
                      Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
                      First Met in person: 09/22/2012
                      Started Dating: 10/30/2012
                      Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

He did all the work, for the longest time I figured we were just friends and that he would never in a million years want to date me. We worked together for a year before he began showing an interest and talking to me more. I figured it was because we just worked together more that we were getting closer. He was subtle (or so I thought!) by starting to just take his break at the same time I took mine, I always thought it was just a coincidence that he clocked out for his break ten minutes after mine began. Then he began volunteering to complete projects with me at work. Also a group of us from work would get together at a local bar on Friday nights and he was always sitting next to me or offering to pay for my meals and drinks. One time it was just down to the two of us for the Friday night get together and he asked if I still wanted to go. I agreed, although I was surprised he wanted to hang out with just me. That ended up being our first "official" date.

Comment

We started talking online and she spoke to me first and made the first move to get my number but after that I asked her out, I was jealous of her and this other girl and didn't want to risk losing her and not having her as mine so asked her out and now 2 years later we are still as madly in love and have now got into some sort of routine of being able to see each other!

Comment

We met online and he confessed first :3 I thought if that hadn't happened I would have confessed him my feelings on our first meeting, but I'm glad he did when we hadn't met yet

Comment

Me and my so met online
                              Anyway i was talking to one of my friends and he asked me if i had talked to my so and i said no, not yet
                              My friend got him to talk to me and it was one of those 'you had me hello' moments but i didnt say anything until the next night, i looked at some of the pictures on his profile and there was some cute furry couple pictures and the next night he came online, i said i like the couple pictures and he said that he hopes to find someone and then he asked me if i liked him and i said yes :3
                              So i think he asked me
                              Last edited by moonsong; February 24, 2014, 11:01 AM.
                              sigpicYou had me at hello

Comment

Working...
                              X