No announcement yet.

who asked who out ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one asked anyone out....it just sort of evolved into a relationship. Hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by bethyylovee View Post
      No one asked anyone out....it just sort of evolved into a relationship. Hahahah
      This is exactly what happened to me as well

Comment

Him. <3 Although there was nothing particularly special about that day besides when he asked me out-- it wasn't until a few days later that things began to become more like a relationship. Up until that point, we were always just really close friends, even though we obviously liked and cared for each other. We had to transition a bit I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Markoslav View Post
          It should always be the man doing the proposing.
          My SO used to complain that "a guy should do that" when I did romantic stuff to him, like I made a giant heart of fall leaves and sent him the picture. Then he shut the fuck up because anything I do is the best darn thing he had had in his life. I am assertative and he is not so much, and he feels loved by being "read", interpreted and catered to - like a lot of women do. What good did it do him to cling to rules about women and men? The important question is how HE feels, not an abstract guy. If a man wants to take the lead always, but all means let him if he is good at it! But don't limit what could be beautiful in your relationship, because one size fits all does not suit love.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            But don't limit what could be beautiful in your relationship, because one size fits all does not suit love.
            Perfect wording for this. I agree

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
              It's often that way, but not sure why it "should be" that way.
              I just took the traditional approach, and also because it looks pretty beta for a girl to propose to the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                My SO used to complain that "a guy should do that" when I did romantic stuff to him, like I made a giant heart of fall leaves and sent him the picture. Then he shut the fuck up because anything I do is the best darn thing he had had in his life. I am assertative and he is not so much, and he feels loved by being "read", interpreted and catered to - like a lot of women do. What good did it do him to cling to rules about women and men? The important question is how HE feels, not an abstract guy. If a man wants to take the lead always, but all means let him if he is good at it! But don't limit what could be beautiful in your relationship, because one size fits all does not suit love.
                Yeah, I actually agree. I just meant the proposing parts though.

Comment

I just took the traditional approach, and also because it looks pretty beta for a girl to propose to the guy.
                  Hate to break it to you, but you'll find that many "traditional approaches" to anything are stupid in general. Dunno what you mean by beta, though. Too lazy to google it.
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                    Hate to break it to you, but you'll find that many "traditional approaches" to anything are stupid in general. Dunno what you mean by beta, though. Too lazy to google it.
                    It's common terminology among the pick up artist community. Read at your own risk.

Comment

I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

You and I both, dear. You and I both.

Comment

My SO and I met online. But he messaged me first! I'm so glad he did. <3 We started talking and got closer and we both knew we didn't want to be with anyone else.
                          After a month or so, we made it official.
                          I guess you could say it just sort of happened. And it's been amazing ever since. <3

Comment

Aye. Many of the traditionally approaches are stupid, 'tis why I forwarded with caution. Also, it's a fallacy I believe. Though, with this, I meant it logically as well. I mean: a girl proposing to a guy is really, really weak on the man's end, unless it was some sort of joke or something. Also yes, beta is used by pick-up artists and such, but believe me it is a proper term to be used when referring to [removed] on okCupid.
                            Last edited by Michelle; February 17, 2014, 10:09 AM. Reason: Inappropriate

Comment

Aye. Many of the traditionally approaches are stupid, 'tis why I forwarded with caution. Also, it's a fallacy I believe. Though, with this, I meant it logically as well. I mean: a girl proposing to a guy is really, really weak on the man's end, unless it was some sort of joke or something. Also yes, beta is used by pick-up artists and such, but believe me it is a proper term to be used when referring to [removed] on okCupid.
                              It's a good thing you're still technically a child, or I would say that all hope is lost for you to ever become a decent human being.

Comment

The only nice thing I can think of is that I'm glad my SO thinks nothing like this. Also, edit out the f-word from your last post, or I'm PMing Michelle. It's not acceptable on this site at ALL.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X