No announcement yet.

please tell me i'm not overreacting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When repeatedly asking if you are overreacting and saying the other things you have, you should expect the best possible advice people can give you. If that advice happens to be that you need to work on yourself and possibly not be in a relationship, it is what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      you broke up with him via text?
      But it was a nice little text. (I'm sorry I'm being a bitch tonight, I'm just unable to take this seriously)

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
        But it was a nice little text. (I'm sorry I'm being a bitch tonight, I'm just unable to take this seriously)
        Oh, the internet never translates sarcasm/how aghast I feel about things.

maybe instead I should have written: "you broke up with him via text? "

ETA: I was also asking just to make sure I understood correctly because, IMO, no one who would like to be treated like an adult breaks up via text.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

ETA: I was also asking just to make sure I understood correctly because, IMO, no one who would like to be treated like an adult breaks up via text.
          I've done it once, but to be fair, he stopped answering calls, texts, e-mails, and would run away from my in person. He knew what I was about to do and refused to let it happen. So I texted it knowing he was getting those and said he no longer deserved an explanation. But yeah, it was a last resort.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm keeping track here, but this was atleast the second break up text in their 2 or 3 week long relationship. (Or maybe the first one was email?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
              I'm not sure if I'm keeping track here, but this was atleast the second break up text in their 2 or 3 week long relationship. (Or maybe the first one was email?)
              Yep, I've just looked back at the other thread, it's two weeks since they met on a chat app and this is the second time it has been ended. I actually really feel for you OP, I think you have a lot of issues with self confidence, anxiety and relating with people. Like I said earlier, please concentrate on getting yourself stronger before embarking on a relationship. It is very difficult to love someone else, when you don't love yourself first. The poor guy must be all over the places with you ending it so often!

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                Yep, I've just looked back at the other thread, it's two weeks since they met on a chat app and this is the second time it has been ended. I actually really feel for you OP, I think you have a lot of issues with self confidence, anxiety and relating with people. Like I said earlier, please concentrate on getting yourself stronger before embarking on a relationship. It is very difficult to love someone else, when you don't love yourself first. The poor guy must be all over the places with you ending it so often!
                My question is, why on earth is this guy still sticking around after only two weeks. This much drama so soon, I'd be running for the hills.

Comment

Well maybe because he actully really loves me

Comment

Originally posted by JC2122 View Post
                    After two weeks and you breaking up with him twice? Doubtful.

Comment

ok...... IF this is actually the case then show him some respect, start treating him with some dignity and not an emotional punch bag.
                      Last edited by 80anthea; March 6, 2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Im doing the best i can

Comment

Im doing the best i can
                          If that's the case you're not the girl I'd like to see at her worst. Which is often the downfall of a relationship.

Comment

Ahhhh...young love. I take a lot of jabs around here for my age (which amuses me), but I'll tell ya what - and no offense to the bazillion 20 somethings on here, especially my friends - You couldn't pay me enough to go back to my 20's!!!

Sorry OP for the off-topic remark on your thread
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask (not demand) that he has some contact with you every day. Just remember; then it must be ok for him to ask things of you, too. In fact, since he seems a bit idk-kind of guy, he will probably welcome the uppertunity to indicate what he wants from you.
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Here in a few months i'll write a post in complete contrast to this one, proving to all that him and i can do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X