please tell me i'm not overreacting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JC2122 View Post
    Here in a few months i'll write a post in complete contrast to this one, proving to all that him and i can do this.
    I hope you do, JC. But you've gotta stop breaking up with him over everything first, and I'm not being sarcastic either.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

At least while he is telling me what he wants we will be talking to each other so that is a definite plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        Ahhhh...young love. I take a lot of jabs around here for my age (which amuses me), but I'll tell ya what - and no offense to the bazillion 20 somethings on here, especially my friends - You couldn't pay me enough to go back to my 20's!!!

Sorry OP for the off-topic remark on your thread
        Me neither, and I'm not that far out of them!!!

Comment

I understand not trying to end it

Comment

At least while he is telling me what he wants we will be talking to each other so that is a definite plus.
            I feel like talking is a necessity, not an extra bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              Ahhhh...young love. I take a lot of jabs around here for my age (which amuses me), but I'll tell ya what - and no offense to the bazillion 20 somethings on here, especially my friends - You couldn't pay me enough to go back to my 20's!!!

Sorry OP for the off-topic remark on your thread
              Actually me and the OP have been PMing and after checking with her I will say this post is dead on. They are both just young and not quite sure how to go about the tricky thing that is supposed to be love. I think she is learning a lot from the thread and as to where she takes it from here, not quite sure. I am happy to know she is taking everything in and thinking it all over, both her actions and his.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask (not demand) that he has some contact with you every day. Just remember; then it must be ok for him to ask things of you, too. In fact, since he seems a bit idk-kind of guy, he will probably welcome the uppertunity to indicate what he wants from you.
                I have to disagree. I don't think you should ask someone to do that everyday. They should want to. If you ask them to and they agree, now you can lord that over them and they know it. You have made yourself a required part of their daily routine because they have committed to it. This is not how relationships should be in a few weeks.

If you want more contact, however after a few months and not get it, you can ask for "more contact" but a daily check in is something you do for a boss or a parent and not for a lover unless you just WANT too.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                  I feel like talking is a necessity, not an extra bonus.
                  well I guess that how she feels too, since her whole issue with him is him not initiating talking much, but she realizes her being curious about what he wants might spark his interest in general talking.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Well where im going from here, im currently waiting for him either send me a message or call and im going to have a heart to heart with him. Im gonna be kind but im gonna be open and honest to tell him just exactly what i need and if he cant do that then im gonna ask him what can he do and hopefully meet in the middle sometime today. Thank you everyone. Most comments really did help ive been thinking about how to approach him with this everyday. Thank you!

Comment

Well where im going from here, im currently waiting for him either send me a message or call and im going to have a heart to heart with him. Im gonna be kind but im gonna be open and honest to tell him just exactly what i need and if he cant do that then im gonna ask him what can he do and hopefully meet in the middle sometime today. Thank you everyone. Most comments really did help ive been thinking about how to approach him with this everyday. Thank you!
                      I'm glad to hear that. I hope things work out for the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X