Today is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day

That my SO starts his new job...in NY, BUT still.....it's an amazing opportunity making a lot of money. With bonus, he has the potential to make nearly $200,000 a year! and the "ATLANTA" door is still open.....which is good news. And we may be able to finally spend holidays together, since he isn't in retail anymore!

We've had a great nine days together this past week, but it sucked dropping him at the airport yesterday! And although I will fly to NY on APril 24 to see Les Mis on Broadway (I got my new "les Mis" referenced tattoo last week), we don't have an earlier date to be together....yet. Waiting to see what happens with the new job. Hopefully he can come back the first weekend in April. If he can come here once a month, and I can go there once a month, maybe it won't be soooooo bad! However, my divorce is done and I am officially a single parent, responsible for everything, so that's going to be tougher....ugh! Hopefully my finances will work out.....

It's scary starting a different life at my age! I hope I don't fail miserably!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

To new beginnings!

Comment

It is scary starting a new life at our ages. I'm looking for work now, too, after having been a stay-at-home mom for years. I've been terrified. I had two interviews last week, and I heard one went well. However, they are both for something completely different than I've ever done before. It is terrifying knowing that I'm completely responsible for everything, as my ex is sick and can't do anything to help. I wouldn't want his help anyway.

I look at it this way - if anyone else can do it, you and I can do it, too. You'll do great, TaraMarie.

I'm happy for your SO's first day. Hope it goes well. I know you will be excited to hear all about it tonight.

Sorry about the divorce. People that aren't divorced don't understand the feeling; they expect you to be happy. Even if the divorce is something you want and it's the absolute best thing for you, it still hurts and disappoints when it finally comes through. Be nice to yourself for a few days - you deserve it.

Good luck. PM me anytime, if you need someone to talk to.

Comment

Something to leave behind, something to look forward to...
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Average salary in CR is $700 a month. Thanks for reminding me how poor we are.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            Fortunately the amount of money you have doesn't correlate with the amount of class you have.

Comment

Here's to a new chapter!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I hope everything works out for both of you! Just stay strong and keep the faith that things will work out.
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                  Sorry sweetie...it wasn't a dig at you at all. Simply a comment about how wonderful this opportunity is for him! I wish i made that kind of money. But you can be grateful there are wealthy Americans who like to visit your country and spend their hard earned money!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenna View Post
                    Fortunately the amount of money you have doesn't correlate with the amount of class you have.
                    Last edited by TaraMarie; March 10, 2014, 10:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

My guy is leaving for a new job and promotion too. I get how it feels-especially the happy for him but sad for the leaving part. I hope things go well for you and your finances work out.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                        Sorry sweetie...it wasn't a dig at you at all. Simply a comment about how wonderful this opportunity is for him! I wish i made that kind of money. But you can be grateful there are wealthy Americans who like to visit your country and spend their hard earned money!
                        I'm not really sure how that helps, if it's supposed to help... Also, I can't help but laugh when you say "your country".... LB is a US resident.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Congrats on his new job! If you each can take turns visiting, you'll see each other often. I'm jealous!! (not really, I get married to my SO in 41 more days
                          February 2012 -- met online
                          August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                          April 2013 -- met in person
                          June 2013 -- broke up
                          July 2013 -- back together
                          August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                          October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                          April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Well, Salaries also correspond to cost of living. 200 grand is not near as much in NYC as it is most of the rest of USA. It would go hella far in Delaware but you can't really compare the two because the cost of living is so much higher in NYC. I don't know what the cost of living is in CR but it is probably much lower and so that much less money will go a lot further. I know LB is a US citizen but perhaps she has never lived in places like NYC or Orange County CA (where my brother lives) when you have to make that kind of money to be able to live there. I also don't see anything wrong with TM talking about it on her own thread because this is what the thread is about. Her SO, and his new job, and more power to him for making that kind of coin. I hope you can close your distance sooner because of it. Mark my words if my SO finds a job making a salary like that, I will proudly scream it from the rooftops.
                            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                              Well, Salaries also correspond to cost of living. 200 grand is not near as much in NYC as it is most of the rest of USA. It would go hella far in Delaware but you can't really compare the two because the cost of living is so much higher in NYC. I don't know what the cost of living is in CR but it is probably much lower and so that much less money will go a lot further. I know LB is a US citizen but perhaps she has never lived in places like NYC or Orange County CA (where my brother lives) when you have to make that kind of money to be able to live there. I also don't see anything wrong with TM talking about it on her own thread because this is what the thread is about. Her SO, and his new job, and more power to him for making that kind of coin. I hope you can close your distance sooner because of it. Mark my words if my SO finds a job making a salary like that, I will proudly scream it from the rooftops.
                              I agree. It's good that we have the kind of forum where we can all share our joys and disappointments. I get awfully jealous when I hear about people seeing their SO's, closing the distance, or getting married, but I'm still really happy for them. I'm glad TM shared with us. I'm even poorer than LB right on, as I don't even have a job. I'm working on it, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X