Today is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
    Wait... what? What does closing the distance have to do with anything??
    It is about what rich and poor really mean in life. To me and my SO, we might be cash poor but we are indeed rich in love.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
      Hello, whatever happened to how it was wrong to attack the OP by derailing a thread. This thread is about her SO's new job and so if you might get upset by reading anything about it like DUH a salary, don't read it.

She was attacked and defended herself. It was out of line and now you are bashing Americans for talking about salaries. WTF. This was not just her talking about salaries "in public" this was her sharing good news with her LFAD family and it is sad that some of you don't that. My SO lost his contract and so jobless again and my company is hanging by a string and I lost my healthcare. The whole world is having problems, so If you want to talk about how rich and arrogant Americans are then go make your own thread. I will be happy to post on it. This one is not about that.

And LB, you might think others such as TM are so rich and you are poor but you CLOSED the distance and she has not so who is really the "richest" now? I bet if you ask many of us if we would rather be with our loved ones or wealthy we would choose to be poor. Your words not mine, I am not calling you poor.
      I really like this part about not derailing a thread and how we shouldn't read those we don't like. I also agree that the LFAD family is a great place where we should feel comfortable sharing info. I'm really happy for TM and hoping this job works out for them, so they can move closer to closing the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
        Wow....once again, simply stating what an amazing opportunity this is, which was why I referenced the salary. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't think that was an amazing opportunity. If the job came with a $40,000 salary the opportunity WOULDNT BE SO AMAZING.....and he would have NO REASON to stay IN NEW YORK. I didn't think it was rude or inappropriate at all. I was putting it in perspective. So sorry to have offended. I never meant to.

But thanks for the bashing.....that was fun! For those of you who defended me, I thank you. For the rest....I have much to say, but have decided against it.
        Congrats to your SO on this amazing opportunity! I know you're super proud of him. You shared good news. I don't see what the big deal is. Some people are just easily offended and have nothing better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
          Hello, whatever happened to how it was wrong to attack the OP by derailing a thread. This thread is about her SO's new job and so if you might get upset by reading anything about it like DUH a salary, don't read it.

She was attacked and defended herself. It was out of line and now you are bashing Americans for talking about salaries. WTF. This was not just her talking about salaries "in public" this was her sharing good news with her LFAD family and it is sad that some of you don't that. My SO lost his contract and so jobless again and my company is hanging by a string and I lost my healthcare. The whole world is having problems, so If you want to talk about how rich and arrogant Americans are then go make your own thread. I will be happy to post on it. This one is not about that.

And LB, you might think others such as TM are so rich and you are poor but you CLOSED the distance and she has not so who is really the "richest" now? I bet if you ask many of us if we would rather be with our loved ones or wealthy we would choose to be poor. Your words not mine, I am not calling you poor.
          Agreed with this. Congrats to your SO.

Just a note to some, not every single detail needs to be responded, just send a congrats if you can't even muster that up move along from the thread.
          https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
          Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

They have considered breaking it off over money/job, and now money/job might be something that brings them closer. I am sure we all will prefer to have love/our loved ones near over money, it is just that money can be a great helper for visits, visas, the cost of living and so on. I am lucky I got so good at savings just before meeting my SO, and hopefully will get a raise within the next moths, or else I would have a hard time affording to see him much. He too puts money into our future too, by working less off season so he actually can pass his exams. I am sure we all fight for our love the best we can; with our money, our time, our effort and sometimes a little blood, sweat and tears! I am so happy for them for all these news can give them - and happy and proud for all of us for sticking it out come rain come shine.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
            X