The Men of LFAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freakydeakydutchdude View Post
    Obviously this place is a f*cking knitting club gone out of control. Why any self respecting man would actually want to be here is beyond my comprehension for the moment. Feel free to delete my account. I encourage all men here to once again take control of their own balls grow a beard and leave this place in search of a bar that serves cold beer. ¡Hasta luego muchachas!
    Que le vaya bien. No le vamos a extranar aqui. Caripicha.

Y digame una coas- usted hizo una cuenta solamente para venir aqui y decir eso? QUE HOMBRE!

Comment

Obviously this place is a f*cking knitting club gone out of control. Why any self respecting man would actually want to be here is beyond my comprehension for the moment. Feel free to delete my account. I encourage all men here to once again take control of their own balls grow a beard and leave this place in search of a bar that serves cold beer. ¡Hasta luego muchachas!
      Babe, I know you are still pissed about your post going kabloowey, but is this supposed to be a joke? I kinda think it is, but some are not going to get that and think my SO is a complete Neanderthal now.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
        Babe, I know you are still pissed about your post going kabloowey, but is this supposed to be a joke? I kinda think it is, but some are not going to get that and think my SO is a complete Neanderthal now.
        haha. quite right. This thread is like 2 pages longer everytime i get back on.... which means i'm mostly just lost all the time as to who's defending what side and what's changed.

that being said... is anyone who has a good handle on the thread kind enough to give a quick sum on where we are??

Comment

I made this group as Moon suggested.
          https://members.lovingfromadistance....hp?groupid=161

I can't figure out a way to move the thread there but I look again after I get back. Have to step out for a few with Dutch dude.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Chillosaurus View Post
            The modern opportunities of bringing people with similar goals together and allowing them to work on it, creating environments to improve personally, often result in new close friends. Admitting having problems and addressing them gets way easier, when you can find the right people to go this way together. Usually, friendships are formed through common activities, not common goals.
            Wow, that answer was so politician I am amazed. It did not adress my question at all, all the while sounding like it actually says something.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I made this group as Moon suggested.
              https://members.lovingfromadistance....hp?groupid=161

I can't figure out a way to move the thread there but I look again after I get back. Have to step out for a few with Dutch dude.
              I don't think you can move the thread, but you can certainly copy and paste whatever you think is relevant. You could point over to the group, like you just did, and close this, or leave it open and repost the link to the group every few days.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                Wow, that answer was so politician I am amazed. It did not adress my question at all, all the while sounding like it actually says something.
                It did. Your question was after the differences to "normal friendships". My answer was that usually friendships are based on common activities, but these unions are formed because of common goals, and with the focus on self-improvement.

Comment

I invited my SO to this thread. I explained how important it was to me and he said he would take a look. It would be sweet to have his opinion. He has no desire to be on here but this would be really cool to hear his perspective.
                  I've been thinking of inviting mine, too. Not sure he would, he's very private, rather shy. And extremely busy.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                    I don't think you can move the thread, but you can certainly copy and paste whatever you think is relevant. You could point over to the group, like you just did, and close this, or leave it open and repost the link to the group every few days.
                    Okay, I will just leave this one as it is and remind every few days of the group.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
                      I've been thinking of inviting mine, too. Not sure he would, he's very private, rather shy. And extremely busy.
                      Yeah, I hope mine comes back, but what happened in this thread is not making him want too. The group thing btw, is quite different than a sub forum and I don't doubt why nobody knew it existed. It is not very user friendly at all.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm inclined to agree, unfortunately. I was hoping to get some real insight, but it does seem to have devolved to a stereo-typical battle of the sexes. Don't think I'll invite my SO, after all.

Comment

i think he was kidding?

Comment

Yeah, I hope mine comes back, but what happened in this thread is not making him want too. The group thing btw, is quite different than a sub forum and I don't doubt why nobody knew it existed. It is not very user friendly at all.
                            You had a good idea, and I was looking forward to quietly listening and getting some insight on how the men on this site think and feel, to maybe understand my own a bit better. Unfortunately, it seems to have become a battle of words, rather than a respectful dialogue. Too much drama, to hear anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by iamjzhou View Post
                              i think he was kidding?
                              Yeah, and he laid it on pretty thick. We are together right now, and he is indeed on the left side of the couch. LOL. I think he is was also put off by the negative comments from so many women that he felt it is pointless to actually post. I hope that he will change his mind at some point, but that is up to him. Maybe I am , wrong, he would need to jump on to contradict me though.
                              Last edited by Hollandia; April 11, 2014, 04:48 PM.
                              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
                                You had a good idea, and I was looking forward to quietly listening and getting some insight on how the men on this site think and feel, to maybe understand my own a bit better. Unfortunately, it seems to have become a battle of words, rather than a respectful dialogue. Too much drama, to hear anyone.
                                Me too, only the men can stand up for themselves at this point, if they want to.

As for what happened so far. Well, the men loved the idea and several women did not and so now, I am just sitting here hoping they did not kill the thread.
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X