No announcement yet.

The Men of LFAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think as a guy one of the more difficult things I've run into recently in a LDR was when my SO basically passed out with the stomach flu in grad school and they had to call an ambulance. While any person wants to go and help the person they care about, for a guy I think it's a bit more frustrating because we want to be "the hero", but LDR makes us humble. She was fine, she got through it without me. She is strong.

Nevertheless, it is difficult. I was very tempted to drive or fly out there to make sure she was ok and help. But it's a learning experience as a guy. To trust them that they are taking care of themselves and know best. To trust God. To be humble and know you can't always be there to save the day.

Comment

And don't forget, trust the doctors, they probably did more to save your girlfriend than God.

Haha sorry, I'm kind of a cynical ass sometimes.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean monkinlove. There is nothing worse than knowing your girlfriend is suffering and you can't be (physically) there for her by her side.

Comment

Originally posted by iamjzhou View Post
        I"m exactly the same way as your guy. I think part of it is our mind trying to stay positive in a situation we can't control. And the other half is being strong because we're trying to help you stay positive as well -- if i showed how sad I was, it would probably only make the situation worse?
        Thanks. Yep and well what would it be like if we were both crying our eyes out LOL
        He is very positive and it does help

Comment

Double post

Comment

If I may, I discussed this topic with someone yesterday and I'm wondering how guys feel about this. As a tall woman (183cm), most guys I've met have a problem with dating someone who is taller than them (here i do mean in range of maybe 10-15 cm). I was wondering, if you were to fall in love with a woman online, talking for a long time already, seeing her pictures etc. Would it change anything or how much would it change if you were then to find out that she is taller than you are? I do know it's personal preference, but I'm still interested in opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelynn View Post
              If I may, I discussed this topic with someone yesterday and I'm wondering how guys feel about this. As a tall woman (183cm), most guys I've met have a problem with dating someone who is taller than them (here i do mean in range of maybe 10-15 cm). I was wondering, if you were to fall in love with a woman online, talking for a long time already, seeing her pictures etc. Would it change anything or how much would it change if you were then to find out that she is taller than you are? I do know it's personal preference, but I'm still interested in opinions.
              My SO is taller than me, but only by 2cm though.

The reason why most men are put off by tall women is societal pressure. Most men want to be with shorter women because it's what expected of them. Not only that, but they are afraid that taller women won't find them attractive. Personally I never really flirt with women who are much taller than I am because I'm afraid that my length already is a turn off to begin with, I feel I have no shot with these women.

However, if you two are already in love I very much doubt that something trivial as length will make your SO lose interest in you. I also figured out my SO was taller than I am shortly after we started dating, and I basically said to her "well it's not a problem for me if it's not a problem for you". She didn't mind I was a little bit shorter than her, so I didn't mind either.

Comment

I wouldn't mind. Maybe if you were freakishly tall, say over 2,20m it'd be a bigger obstacle.

Comment

I am 170 cm, I am taller than both my men (because of my long upper body the hight difference is even more noticable when we sit down, then I look 180). They are the perfect size. I even wear high heels sometimes!
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                    I am 170 cm, I am taller than both my men (because of my long upper body the hight difference is even more noticable when we sit down, then I look 180). They are the perfect size. I even wear high heels sometimes!
                    I feel very tempted to say "you must feel like the man in your relationships". But I really shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by freakydeakydutchdude View Post
                      I feel very tempted to say "you must feel like the man in your relationships". But I really shouldn't.
                      LMAO.

170cm is not tall by the way, not by Dutch standards, I'm pretty sure it's not tall by Norwegian standards either.

I'm 171cm myself (yes I'm tiny for a man), and my SO is 173cm.

Comment

Working...
                      X