This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arhat View Post
    The moment you recognize yourself in terms of gender, you already create a division in the first place, like all of the others 'isms'.

It's amusing to find out that women on this forum have been involved in such arguments before on here. I am no the one who engenders the battle of the sexes, women do this because they want superiority or ego fulfilment.
    So because i recognize that I am a certain age, race, or gender, I have already created a division of ageism, sexism and racism? What alternate universe do you live in again?

It's amusing when you can't take the time to spell "endangers."
    I do not get in arguments to sooth and increase my ego, I argue usually because I disagree, isnt that why everyone argues?
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
      So because i recognize that I am a certain age, race, or gender, I have already created a division of ageism, sexism and racism? What alternate universe do you live in again?

It's amusing when you can't take the time to spell "endangers."
      I do not get in arguments to sooth and increase my ego, I argue usually because I disagree, isnt that why everyone argues?
      I wasn't trying to spell "endangers", I wrote the word I intended which was 'engenders', look it up in the dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by silvermoonfairy3 View Post
        I know I shouldn't feed the troll, so this will probably be my last post on the subject, but.. Seriously?
        Wow, dude. Just wow.
        I think you've misunderstood me silvermoonfairy3. I admit my reading on feminism is very limited, in a way I felt that I observed enough of it to give me such an opinion.

If every video game that had such themes was addressed there would be a very limited number of games, let's face it. Video games merely reflect the violence and degeneration in the world as opposed to glorifying it, it existed long before video games came along, don't you think? The sad thing is, they're entertaining precisely because they're violent. It doesn't mean people are going to act on it it real life.

What about male celebrities that are more known for their vices than their work? is that not sexist? Can I say this?
        What about computer games where male criminals are killed is that sexiest? Or where gays are stereotyped, is that homophobic? Can I say that?
        I'm not denying that there are disrespectful men in professions that view women as mere objects of gratification, I haven't made it this way, and i certainly don't agree with it either. But it seems you want to label me as such.
        It's not like that at all, there are many, many female entrepreneurs and CEO's out there, who are admired for their strength of character and work ethic.

I find it offensive purely because my life hasn't been anything like this, I've never had one night stands or seen women as sex objects. I've always been loyal and respectful to the women I've been together with or encouraged them in their career goals. I'm not disguising my true thoughts in order to win favour, if I really thought such things, I would say. I have conviction in my belieifs. I'm very old fashioned, and have a romantic view of women, but such things don't equate to misogyny.

I have experience class discrimination in my country, tell me about it.

Just recently i was commenting on how awful i thought slut-shaming was, but it just seems you see me as what you want to.
        Last edited by Arhat; August 29, 2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arhat View Post
          I wasn't trying to spell "endangers", I wrote the word I intended which was 'engenders', look it up in the dictionartoy.
          Actually, you do engender the battle of the sexes, that's exactly what you're doing this second. I don't have to waste time and energy to argue with you, so as of now, I'm done arguing.
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Actually, you do engender the battle of the sexes, that's exactly what you're doing this second. I don't have to waste time and energy to argue with you, so as of now, I'm done arguing.
            My apologies to the women that have posted here, I really don't want to offend anyone further. I'd feel awful. I hope you can forgive me.

Comment

You haven't done anything wrong..I just don't agree with what you're saying, hence the reason for arguing. Forgiveness is not needed, but if you want it, my forgiveness is given easily asking for it is enough to be received.

Comment

I'm probably not deserving of it, but I feel it's my stuborn nature and ego make argumentative :/ - I guess I have a chip on my shoulder because I've been treated badly by women. I feel silly as well recently for becoming engrossed in this girl that i met.

Comment

Forgive and forget. It's easy to.do the first, harder to do the second. There are bad men just as there are bad women. It'll feel better to get rid of that chip or atleast try.
                  Don't feel silly, the heart wants what the heart wants. You can't help who you fall for it crush on.

Comment

Forgive and forget. It's easy to.do the first, harder to do the second. There are bad men just as there are bad women. It'll feel better to get rid of that chip or atleast try.
                    Don't feel silly, the heart wants what the heart wants. You can't help who you fall for it crush on.
                    I know, it's something I'll be more mindful of from now on. And not be so critical towards women that sincerely believe in endeavouring towards equality, it takes many forms. It was wrong of me to say such things.

Comment

I'm not forgiving you. I reported you for harassment. Funny, you resort to name calling as soon as someone doesn't like what you say and then beg for forgiveness when you realize you're losing an already lost battle. I called you sexist because you were acting sexist. It drips in each of your posts. We're feminists or stupid if we don't agree with what you're saying. That's the funniest thing I've read today.

Comment

Working...
                      X