No announcement yet.

Where was your first date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He took me out to see a live Banda my last night in Oaxaca! We danced the night away... AND he even wrote a cute note on a napkin and the band read it out loud in front of everyone. Totally took me by surprise!! And yep, that was our first date, even though my friend came along, I barely knew him and I was in a foreign country, so I made her come along It was very sweet!

Comment

BUMP!

Aaron and I went to the Island Park and walked along the river until the shore ran out holding hands, played on the playground, and went out to each at my favorite Chinese restaurant before going out to a special spot I knew of--a huge boulder at the center of the river off a trail. On the rock, we stargazed, slow danced, and shared our first kiss.
      We had been talking for nearly two months, and a couple for one month by then.

Comment

I don't think we went on an official first date.. but our first hangout/date was when I was babysitting he came over and swam with me and the boy I was babysitting. It was really cute because he and the little boy had a dance off. I was pretty impressed because he's an amazing dancer!

Comment

bryan and i went to the aquarium in camden, nj right out side philly. And then we went for dinner in philly and walked around <3
          I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

Our first date was to the movies to see "The Switch" and I think we walked around the mall after iirc.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

The first official date spanned an entire day of insanity. In the morning we met and he took me to the planetarium. We had lunch at a cafe and then sat there taking in sun and holding hands for like 4 hours. I dragged him across the city to buy a hairclip, he ended up paying for it as my going away gift. We tried to catch my study abroad program's farewell dinner by rushing back across the city again to the school, but we failed. Had dinner next to the school, then took a taxi to the movie theatre. Watched an action comedy flick-it was fun! Forget holding hands, he basically held my entire arm during the movie, haha. We walked to a Mcdonalds afterwards(because I really didn't want to leave yet)-he held my hand but stuffed inside his pocket because it was cold, haha. Had hot chocolate there, then was finally walked home 15 hrs later. x3

Comment

Our first date wasn't anything too amazing. It was August and terribly, terribly hot. So hot in fact the first thing I did when I did reach his apartment was take a shower and change my clothes. We have always acted like we've known each other all our lives. Looking back, it's sort of odd isn't it to just show up on someone's doorstep you've never even seen before and then just hop into their shower. After I came out, he asked me if I was hungry and I replied I was and he suggested we go get Chinese.

I remember he asked me for a kiss as we got in the car and I gave him just the smallest peck on the lips. [It was so hot!] I love Chinese so I was pretty psyched and the food was really good. I think the best part though was when the fortune cookies came out and mine was empty and his fortune read, "The love of your life is right in front of your eyes," and I was, quite literally.

Comment

Our first "date" was Macau tour, we went to the light house, cable car ride to town, kwan im park, Dr Sun Yat Sen Museum, Kwan In Temple, and at night we jump off Macau tower!

Comment

Hmmmm....The arrivals terminal in the Helsinki-Vantaa airport? His living room? I guess we didn't have one, really. We stayed at his place for a few days, then headed WAY north to Saariselkä in Lapland for New Years last year. I suppose that could be considered a date, good thing it turned out well, huh? Being 155 miles inside the Arctic Circle didn't exactly leave me many exit options!
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Our first date was at a comic con called Saboten, quite a famous con down here in AZ. ^^

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Our first date was over skype. We drank fake wine, ate spaghetti, enjoyed the harvest moon that night.
                        Our first real date was...the entire three weeks together? I guess the first things we did was get me my first bagel and go to the Oregon zoo. I had just gotten off a almost 20 hour flight and couldn't walk straight for the most part. It was also 60degrees outside and I have lived all my life close to the equator, have never experienced these temperatures, so I felt like a was freezing after awhile. We ended up stalking a zoo keeper and sharing an elephant ear. (:

Comment

My first date was in Sweden, Stockholm. It was also the first time I met my fiance/SO in person.
                          The first thing we did was that we went to our hotel to put our luggages (we held hands from airport till the hotel), then we started to kiss and hug when we was in our room. We stayed in our room to chat a little bit and to know more about each other. After that we went outside and looked around (because it's our first time in Stockholm), and then went to eat at a nice restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                            Our first date was over skype. We drank fake wine, ate spaghetti, enjoyed the harvest moon that night.
                            Our first real date was...the entire three weeks together? I guess the first things we did was get me my first bagel and go to the Oregon zoo. I had just gotten off a almost 20 hour flight and couldn't walk straight for the most part. It was also 60degrees outside and I have lived all my life close to the equator, have never experienced these temperatures, so I felt like a was freezing after awhile. We ended up stalking a zoo keeper and sharing an elephant ear. (:
                            I live in Portland! I love the zoo. We go there all the time.:P Not only is it 60 degrees or colder it's windy. You will have sunglasses on AND a warm coat. That's Oregon for ya.:P And elephant ears are awesome. I don't think my SO has ever had one. (He's in San Diego,CA) All they have there are funnel cakes.

Comment

Ours was online of course, IMVU, I wasn't even aware it was happening or that she even actually liked me in a romantic way until afterwards. ^^; I took oblivious to a whole new level...

Comment

Well, before we considered ourselves a couple or after? :P
                                Because before that, we had our first "alone"-time (as in: no other friends tagged came along like they usually did) at a Danish fast food joint... classy, huh?
                                After we started dating I remember us going to have a beer and shoot a game of pool..

We're a very classy and intellectual couple

Still, I consider our fist real date to be:
                                Him asking me to drop by his apartment one day, only for me to find a little note on his front door with a clue leading me on a long "treasure hunt" which ended with a ticket to the local historical theme park (I LOVE historical places..) where he waited inside looking all cute with picnic blankets and grapes.. cuddling up in the sun, sharing a bottle of sparkling wine and walking around the theme park was just amazing.. the weather, the wine, the guy.. it was PERFECT

Comment

Working...
                                X