The whole story - please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
    the deal you guys made are in accordance with her "weaning herself off you", like a bad cigarette. Your relationship is to her like the nicotine in the lounges of a fed up smoker.
    That's actually a perfect way to put that. Like she can indulge in her dirty habit guilt-free until the time restriction ends. The religion thing makes me angry a bit for a number of reasons. *PERSONAL PROBLEMS...I know.* But I hate the hypocrisy of saying "okay, I know I'm sinning but I'm going to do it and when I'm done I'm going to sincerely pray to god to forgive me so I can go to heaven." Just doesn't sit right with me.
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Yea, I don't think you should have ever agreed to this, no matter how much you love her. It's almost like she has you when she feels like it, until September. Plus, of course she's going to be hot and cold with you, because well...what's the point in her putting in actual effort if you guys are just going to be done and over with in a few months. You're convenient for her right now.

Comment

I don't have much to add, except I can't see how this can possibly have a happy ending. You only set time limits on definite flings, and I think you're a fling to her, something dangerous and forbidden, something to do before she settles down with a man and lives the "correct" lifestyle. You can't beat faith and religion really, not if it's what she truly believes, and she probably feels like she'll get this out of her system then repent and life will go on as expected. I'm really sorry, but if anyone told me I had a time limit (unless I thought they had one too!), I'd be outta there immediately. Nothing wrong with flings, if you both know it's a fling, but she's screwing with your heart and that IS NOT OK.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X