No announcement yet.

How often do you Skype/Video chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We skype about 30-60 minutes in my evening. He's often very busy in his afternoon but that's become our "normal time" after I've put kids to bed. We also do what's app regularly throughout the day. Before what's app it was emails and now we barely send any. I wish there was some way to keep all what's app messages.

Comment

Originally posted by farandaway View Post
      We skype about 30-60 minutes in my evening. He's often very busy in his afternoon but that's become our "normal time" after I've put kids to bed. We also do what's app regularly throughout the day. Before what's app it was emails and now we barely send any. I wish there was some way to keep all what's app messages.
      You can email the texts conversations but it comes out really funny looking. Inside the message there's a little dotdotdot vertical thing (at least that's how it shows up on my phone). Click that, hit "more" and you should see the option to email them. But it doesn't save the voice or photos if I recall.
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I screenshot the best of our messages. o-o Just as I jot down the best of our talks/conversations
        Last edited by Unconditional; February 27, 2015, 11:28 PM.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
          I screenshot the best of our messages. o-o Just as I jot down the best of our talks/conversations
          I do too lol he's going to find them eeeeeverywhere xD

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
            I do too lol he's going to find them eeeeeverywhere xD
            x) yeah, I have to start anew now since I may have deleted them when we separated last time o-o Oh well, there's gonna be so many memories anyways. We always have the next day.
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
              x) yeah, I have to start anew now since I may have deleted them when we separated last time o-o Oh well, there's gonna be so many memories anyways. We always have the next day.
              I did that once. And there were some good ones in there. Oh well. The new stuff is better anyway

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                I did that once. And there were some good ones in there. Oh well. The new stuff is better anyway
                lol yes. I have to agree there. There is always tomorrow to have good texts =)

Comment

My SO and I generally Skype everyday, between 3-12 hours a day. The whole "run out of things to say" thing is a load of rubbish, because even when we become silent, we almost feel something passing between us without the other having to say anything. We don't mind sitting in our silence at times, it's always companionable and relaxing. We don't videocall often, maybe 3-4 times a month, to keep it fresh and something to look forward to. When we're both on the go, or one of us is, we switch to Whatsapp and revert to texting. We're always doing or talking about something, and it never gets irksome.

Comment

In the last year we have had less and less chances to skype simply because of the situation. So it's usually we get to skype once every 1-2 months. Which makes me sad, then however rarely there are times like a couple of weeks ago when we got to skype 3 times in one week, but I can't remember the last time that even happened before then.

We text through much of the day, and might phone call 1-2 a month.
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
                      In the last year we have had less and less chances to skype simply because of the situation. So it's usually we get to skype once every 1-2 months. Which makes me sad, then however rarely there are times like a couple of weeks ago when we got to skype 3 times in one week, but I can't remember the last time that even happened before then.

We text through much of the day, and might phone call 1-2 a month.
                      See, I couldn't imagine going that long without a video call. Months is too long, as would be weeks or even days most times.

I guess it might be that my SO and I are in a bit of a different situation from what most folks here seem to be in. We own a house and animals. Her work is pretty specialized, so she has to travel and live away sometimes. This time is the longest we've had to deal with at around 16 months. We're close enough that visiting each other monthly or even twice a month is a definite possibility. It'll be a helluva long drive for whoever is doing it, but hey, thats love

......But to not 'see' each other on a regular basis like through skype or facetime would probably kill us both!

Comment

Originally posted by canuck View Post
                        See, I couldn't imagine going that long without a video call. Months is too long, as would be weeks or even days most times.......But to not 'see' each other on a regular basis like through skype or facetime would probably kill us both!
                        It won't kill you I think what everyone is showing you is that we all deal with the situations we're dealt. The last time I saw him was when I met his dad. Wasn't much of a chance to have a proper conversation. The time before that the sound wasn't working so well so we text each other and he made a comment "now I know what faces you pull when I text you!" And this was probably about 3 or 4 months ago but it just makes what time I do have with him all that much more precious. We all make the best of the situation at hand. If things change where for some reason you can't see each other for a longer period, you'll learn to survive it it's part of the challenges specific to an LDR. But I think you know that already

Comment

Indeed. We are all dealt different hands and try our best to use the cards we are dealt. We all do this for love..You'll do just about anything for love..

Comment

Pretty much what they said...

Do I like only getting to skype once every 1-2 months? No, absolutely not, it's awful and I really struggle with it. But it's all we've got. His living situation is such that he has literally no privacy. There's not much we can do about it.
                            Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                            First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

We voice call about once a day, and if we're in both in the mood, we'll switch over to video call I'd say we do that about twice a week!x

Comment

We don't Skype very often. I work 72 hr shifts and there isn't wifi at my work. I also get annoyed when Skype freezes and messes up, so it makes me not use it often. We text throughout the day and always call at night to at least say good night. We don't always have much to say to hold a full conversation..

Comment

Working...
                                X