How often do you Skype/Video chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honour View Post
    My SO and I generally Skype everyday, between 3-12 hours a day. The whole "run out of things to say" thing is a load of rubbish, because even when we become silent, we almost feel something passing between us without the other having to say anything. We don't mind sitting in our silence at times, it's always companionable and relaxing. We don't videocall often, maybe 3-4 times a month, to keep it fresh and something to look forward to. When we're both on the go, or one of us is, we switch to Whatsapp and revert to texting. We're always doing or talking about something, and it never gets irksome.
    I know you posted this a few weeks ago... But I agree with you. I skype with my SO every night (unless I am working and we just don't get the chance). We will Skype for 3-8 hours every night and never run out of things to say. On my days off from work we have even Skyped the entire day, from sun up until long after sun down, and we didn't have any times where we weren't sure what to say. Sure, there are silences when we talk, but we have never found those silences to be a bad thing. It's actually nice. And like you guys, we don't do video much either. Maybe 6-8 times a month?

I have been talking to my SO just about every day, for a good portion of each day (combination of IM and Skype), for over a year. So I think it's safe to say that running out of things to say to each other is definitely a load of rubbish. xD
    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

I hate moments of silence on Skype or during a call. Makes me anxious and say good bye lol. We don't ever have much to talk about. He works 6 days a week, 11 hr shifts and I work a 72 hr shift and stay home with my daughter and pets if not at work. Not much to talk about. I envy all of you who can feel OK with moments of silence and usually have a lot to talk about :-)

Comment

Well, the amount of time we spend on skype, you'd think we'd run out of things to yak about, but that hasn't happened yet. We have our moments of silence...and staring at each other...and making faces at each other, but conversation rarely stops for long.

Comment

me an my SO video chat once a month.... at the beginning of February I was extremely lucky and we face timed 3 times in a row..... it was like a dream..... we hardly ever talk the following day after video chatting and we ended up video chatting that after noon and night....... the reason why we don't video chat more is cuz he is so busy with school

Comment

Skype... maybe once or twice a week, more if we are playing video games together. Only days we really can is Monday, Thursday and Saturday because of work etc. But I phone him on his work days when he is on his way to work. Sometimes on the way back. But I have a calling card for that and it's only usually 30-40 mins. We text every day.. well text to email. I always message him good morning (unless he gets there first) and good night. We usually chat about random things or just tell each other how much we love each other. Some days there are more texts than others. But it makes my day when he messages me.
            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Because of the time difference and my work hours, (he's 5 hours ahead and I sometimes work as late as 8pm) we get to Skype maybe once every week or every two weeks, we do text every day though, and sometimes I'll be able to call him through FB message or I'll send him a quick video or voice message of me, which he's too shy to do, but sometimes he'll fb call me if he's still awake when I get home, and even hearing his voice is a treat. When we do get to Skype though, it's usually for a few hours, and well watch an episode or two of something or hell play guitar and then I end up falling asleep with him for a while... If we were able to skype more though I think we would, even if we don't have much to say it's oddly soothing just to like look at other and feel each other presence.

Comment

RECENTLY I've had more computer troubles and was babysitting, so we had like one call a week lol
                Now my sister closed the distance and I'm home alone a lot so they'll go waaaay up
                Met: Apr 2013
                Mutual interest: July 2013
                Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Well it sounds really bad, but we are always on Skype and try as hard as we can to keep the call going. During the nights we always sleep with it on.
                  Other than that we text when we are not home.

Comment

Working...
                  X