Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the longest you've gone with no communication?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I don't usually go for more than a few hours without texting or Skyping each other, depending on the day and what commitments we have elsewhere. Neither of us like being apart, or not hearing from the other. In the past in previous LDRs, days would pass with very little discussion and contact, so I'm grateful this time round things are different.

Comment

2-3 days. Once after a visit, once when he visited his family and had computer problems. Usually when I have not heard from him in a day and he has not replied online I simply call him.

We usually text /Viber every day and Skype about 6 evenings a week but it depends a bit on our work scedules.
      Last edited by differentcountries; March 10, 2015, 06:44 AM.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The longest without any communication at all is probably somewhere close to a week or two. When I go on camping trips I often don't have phone reception, so they're anywhere from 3 days to a week, though not often. We possibly had a few weeks reasonably early in our relationship when my computer at home died, and we weren't texting each other yet so I'd been catching the bus to the library to e-mail him. Otherwise, the longest without a skype or phone call is probably 2 months or so, with just instant messaging during the day. On a day-to-day basis, the longest period of time between a text is between 12-24 hours.
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Probably no longer than 2-3 days. Even if it is just a single text a day, when we are LD we try to get some kind of daily communication going.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly View Post
            I think I can handle it if I know it's coming.

Still, I tend to be very emotional, so it is very difficult for me to not get worked up, even when I know he is busy and can't message or call for a day or more.

It has definitely made me a more patient person, and I've learned a lot about my self being in a long distance relationship.
            Sometimes you don't know though, I mean sometimes life happens. Life will get in the way, that is just how life is.

I am not saying I am ever not emotional when the silence hits. It is a hard thing to deal with however after some time you get used to it a bit. I know he's busy, and knowing that makes it easier.

I have learned a lot of patience being in this relationship, I love the fact that in a long distance relationship you can continue growing as yourself as your SO grows by themselves, and then as a result you both grow together.
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Normally no more than a few hours; 3 or 4 maybe. And it's usually when she's at work. Otherwise we talk a lot. Neither of us has a very busy social life so we kinda just hangout with each other most of the time.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

About a week while he was on a trip in Wales. We don't have international texting or calling, so if one of us doesn't have access to internet, we can't talk.
                "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

The only time we didn't have communication that was other than him being at work, me being at work or sleep was 3 days when he went to hangout with his ex-wow guild in person, but I knew about that.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Half a day one time when both our phones oddly stopped working one time.... I was panicking then but that was only a few months into our relationship or so. We try not to go too long without talking.

Comment

Three days or maybe a little less. It was at the beginning of our relationship though (six years ago). Since then it hasn't often been more than twelve hours. I can't imagine not being in touch with him longer than that.
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                        Normally no more than a few hours; 3 or 4 maybe. And it's usually when she's at work. Otherwise we talk a lot. Neither of us has a very busy social life so we kinda just hangout with each other most of the time.
                        You're so lucky

Comment

Oh my at these long times! I couldn't imagine! My bf and I speak constantly. I've never gone more than a few hours without talking/texting with him. He did leave his phone at home one day when he went to work - I almost died from anxiety lol I'm a worry wart and I immediately think he's dead if he doesn't respond within a few hours lol Sometimes he's too busy at work to respond but I atleast get a "good morning baby" or a "miss you"...something to let me know he's alive and well. I commend all of you who go days/weeks without speaking...I couldn't handle it!
                          "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                          We became a couple in April 2014
                          Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                          Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                          Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                          We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                          Our "spring break" in March 2015
                          Summer fun - June 2015
                          DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                          QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

In normal situations we message each other everyday. Depends on how busy we are, how much we speak.
                            We have had a period last year when we didn't speak for about a month because he was stressed and unhappy and he wasn't sure about our relationship anymore.
                            Right now he's trying to figure out what he wants with his life and he needed space. So I probably won't talk to him for a few weeks

Lots of people say they wouldn't be able to handle such a long time of no contact. But I think that everybody would who hasn't been through that would think that.
                            When it happens, it happens. And you just got to have to deal with that. You'll have to learn to cope with it.
                            But I don't think anybody goes through a few days of no talking without feeling a bit lost and sad...

Comment

I understand when the other person is busy with work, and in special circumstances, but what if your SO had a whole day off, and wasn't particularly busy, and he told you he wasn't going to be busy and yet you hear nothing from him?

My SO told me had no plans for this weekend, and was going to be home, and yet there's only silence from his end.

There have been days like that where there turns out to be no reason for it other than he just forgets or doesn't think about it.

It irritates me so much. But then is it possible he just doesn't feel like texting or anything and just wants to not have to do anything?

Comment

My boyfriend and I talk a lot. Like.... a lot. XD So we haven't really gone too terrible long without talking to each other. Usually like 12-14 hours sometimes on the days that I work. Or a day here and there if we are both really busy. I think the very longest we ever went was 3-4 days when I was on a camping trip last year. That was tough. Haha.
                                ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
                                Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
                                First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
                                Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
                                Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
                                Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X