Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Me and my bf have been going out for some time now and he said he was gonna visit me but he doesn't know when and he hasn't video chatted me. His phone isn't on. He has sent pics of him so he is YouTube famous so all I got are like model pics so of them look live though. Right now Im just bored I mean I do wanna be with him and I love him but its like are relationship isn't exciting like it use to be. I jus don't know what to do. Can you give me some ideas of what to do?

You definitely need to make sure he is who he says he is before you try and meet up with him. Anyone can say they are a famous youtube personality and provide you with professional pictures of said personality. What reasons has he given not to video chat you? It's strange that someone who is famous on a VIDEO site would not want to video chat with his girlfriend...
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
      You definitely need to make sure he is who he says he is before you try and meet up with him. Anyone can say they are a famous youtube personality and provide you with professional pictures of said personality. What reasons has he given not to video chat you? It's strange that someone who is famous on a VIDEO site would not want to video chat with his girlfriend...
      He has given me his passwords and usernames to everything, He has given me pics but when I looked them up on tiny eye and they come up as no images found but he has sent me that pic before. He says he is who he says even when me and my mom has threatened him. he has tried to video chat me on sc before but when he did I had to keep calling cause his phone wouldn't let him answer it wouldn't hear me calling. He doesn't want to delete any of his games. He also just told me that he doesn't record any of this or post it. His sister does this.
      Last edited by lilshawty123; January 2, 2017, 02:11 AM. Reason: i have more information

Comment

Originally posted by lilshawty123 View Post
        He has given me his passwords and usernames to everything, He has given me pics but when I looked them up on tiny eye and they come up as no images found but he has sent me that pic before. He says he is who he says even when me and my mom has threatened him. he has tried to video chat me on sc before but when he did I had to keep calling cause his phone wouldn't let him answer it wouldn't hear me calling. He doesn't want to delete any of his games. He also just told me that he doesn't record any of this or post it. His sister does this.
        This sounds really questionable. But you never know. I mean, it's trust to give your passwords out, but at the same time they could also be sham accounts. Also, the lack of effort in communication is difficult especially when you don't get decent explanations. Thirdly, (not that all LDRs are the same), but my SO and I make some serious effort to make sure we are next-level communicators. When that's all you have, it's critically essential.

Sorry for the difficulty you are experiencing
        It will work itself out one way or the other, and if he is important to you try to keep an open mind about what is going on. If he's unwilling to communicate, then it'll be extra hard.

Comment

Me and my bf have been going out for some time now and he said he was gonna visit me but he doesn't know when and he hasn't video chatted me. His phone isn't on. He has sent pics of him so he is YouTube famous so all I got are like model pics so of them look live though. Right now Im just bored I mean I do wanna be with him and I love him but its like are relationship isn't exciting like it use to be. I jus don't know what to do. Can you give me some ideas of what to do?
          I know about a lot of the famous you tubers for your age, and they all have gf's. For him not to skype is silly. He has the equipment to do that.
          You haven't met or seen him in rl. Please protect yourself as, I hate to say it, but you are getting scammed...

Comment

What are some good questions to ask him

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
              I know about a lot of the famous you tubers for your age, and they all have gf's. For him not to skype is silly. He has the equipment to do that.
              You haven't met or seen him in rl. Please protect yourself as, I hate to say it, but you are getting scammed...
              I 100% agree with this.

If you really still belive it's him - then tell him it's important to you that you video Skype right away. There is no way he doesn't have it on his phone or his laptop. If he can't video chat you in real time.......that's all you need to know.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I told him but I don't know what else to tell him.

Comment

I told him but I don't know what else to tell him.
                  Nothing, if he constantly refuses to do a video call, break it off.

Comment

I'm going to second the general consensus--video chat or break up. No YouTuber would not have a smartphone without video chatting capabilites, or at least not be able to borrow one from a friend. If he can't show you his face, he's hiding something, and if he's hiding something already, your relationship is probably not off to a good start. Best of luck to you in this situation
                    sigpic

Comment

alright but he tells me that he doesn't wanna break up with me and that he loves me but idk
                      Last edited by lilshawty123; January 2, 2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

alright but he tells me that he doesn't wanna break up with me and that he loves me but idk
                        This is something you need to learn now while you are young, as it will serve you all your life. Words mean nothing when actions don't back them up. He can say that until he's blue in the face, but it doesn't mean anything if he can't even show you who he really is.
                        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

alright thanks. He just told me that he doesn't have a labtop anymore and he doesn't have it on his phone
                          Last edited by lilshawty123; January 2, 2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

alright thanks. He just told me that he doesn't have a labtop anymore and he doesn't have it on his phone
                            As been told before, he can borrow it from someone, family member, a friend, both a phone and a laptop.
                            Heck I hate using my laptop (got it for uni) and usually use my PC that hasn't got a webcam. I went and bought a good quality one just for convenience, nothing in the world will make me believe that someone who claims to be a famous youtuber can't do it.
                            Last edited by C.C.; January 2, 2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Break up with him. Hell, even give him a time limit for the video call if you are feeling generous. "You've got a week. If you can't back it up, we're done."

Comment

Working...
                              X