Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A big step forward to closing the distance :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations you wonderful pair. Everything I read about you two makes me so convinced Matt and I can work. Thank you for your enduring support for each other and the community here. You're amazing! Both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah M View Post
      Congratulations you wonderful pair. Everything I read about you two makes me so convinced Matt and I can work. Thank you for your enduring support for each other and the community here. You're amazing! Both of you!
      Thanks Sarah, that's so sweet!

This is all very hard, especially for Andy since he's the one moving... It's driving him mad trying to figure out his future and he keeps having negative/second thoughts about moving here too - they freak me out and then we're both miserable, lol!

I wish I could fast forward the next 2-3 years and just be over with this moving hassle already!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
        Thanks Sarah, that's so sweet!

This is all very hard, especially for Andy since he's the one moving... It's driving him mad trying to figure out his future and he keeps having negative/second thoughts about moving here too - they freak me out and then we're both miserable, lol!

I wish I could fast forward the next 2-3 years and just be over with this moving hassle already!
        Not a problem, Tanja! I hope it all goes quicker than you expect, and before you know it you're together properly! No more long distance! I often wonder what it's like to be going through all this. Matt keeps talking about the points system and immigrating here and I just feel bad, 'cause I've never been like, "Well, you know, what if I go over there?" since it's a lot easier for me (British passport).

...So it really takes that long to sort everything out?

When did you decide that it was going to be him moving to Finland?

Sorry about all the questions - I'm starting to think more and more about mine and Matt's future, now and just want to get ideas.

Comment

YAY!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah M View Post
            ...So it really takes that long to sort everything out?

When did you decide that it was going to be him moving to Finland?

Sorry about all the questions - I'm starting to think more and more about mine and Matt's future, now and just want to get ideas.
            I don't mind any questions

Yeah it takes 1-3 years for Andy to adapt in here (meaning he'll learn the language, finds a job, gets bank accounts and everything sorted for a normal life...), he'll have an adaptation plan with our employment office... There's so much stuff to consider!

At first I really wanted to move to Wales because things were kinda hard for me and I wanted to get away from EVERYONE but we soon realised I couldn't put my daughter through it.. she's only 10 years old and she would hate me forever if I took her away from her family and friends, I couldn't do that. So "unfortunately" Andy has to come to me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
              I don't mind any questions

Yeah it takes 1-3 years for Andy to adapt in here (meaning he'll learn the language, finds a job, gets bank accounts and everything sorted for a normal life...), he'll have an adaptation plan with our employment office... There's so much stuff to consider!

At first I really wanted to move to Wales because things were kinda hard for me and I wanted to get away from EVERYONE but we soon realised I couldn't put my daughter through it.. she's only 10 years old and she would hate me forever if I took her away from her family and friends, I couldn't do that. So "unfortunately" Andy has to come to me lol.
              Just out of interest, what exactly are your plans now..?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                Just out of interest, what exactly are your plans now..?

God only knows mate...
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I see

You gonna try move next summer or..?

Comment

I see

You gonna try move next summer or..?

God only knows mate...

Erm, we're having a big talk tonight I think. See what comes of that. How about you and Elina? What are your plans now?
                    In a relationship with

My Albums:
                    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Er, dont have any plans really..
                      Think we've scrapped the idea of me moving there for now cause well.. dont think it'll happen, so I guess she might move here for a year or two. Dunno.. I think we'll talk about it when we're together in a few days

Comment

I see.

This thread's really been turned on its head hasn't it?
                        In a relationship with

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Just a bit..

We should just move to.. NZ or something and we can boh work (with both speaking the language and all ) ..then move to Finland after living there for a couple of years of living together

Yeah, I'll suggest that to Elina 8) haha

Comment

Just a bit..

We should just move to.. NZ or something and we can boh work (with both speaking the language and all ) ..then move to Finland after living there for a couple of years of living together

Yeah, I'll suggest that to Elina 8) haha

I tried that

I suggested America but she wasn't having it

It's either Finland, and a very specific part of Finland, or stay as an LDR for us right now.... gotta love all this drama
                            In a relationship with

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Might I suggest Canada? It doesn't have much to recommend it really, but the cost of living is low and it's easy to get into, and I'm here and I'm cool and would bribe you all with coffee. So! You should move to Canada *nods to herself*
                              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                                Might I suggest Canada? It doesn't have much to recommend it really, but the cost of living is low and it's easy to get into, and I'm here and I'm cool and would bribe you all with coffee. So! You should move to Canada *nods to herself*
                                Haa, I think we found our solution

Comment

Working...
                                X