No announcement yet.

Google-ing your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I googled him, I only got his grad info and all that. I googled his username, and I got a whole bunch of MMOs and online games XD Hahaha. Like that wasn't predictable. :P

Comment

I totally google-searched one of my exes part of the way into our relationship, for the fun of it...pretty much nothing about HIM came up. Plenty about some football player across the country with the same name, but he has no facebook or anything else like that so it ended up being a fruitless search.

Since then, though, the interest has never really taken me. I think I googled my SO once before we were dating, out of boredom, but I can't remember for sure and I didn't look too hard to find anything if I did.

Of course, because of this thread, my SO sent me a link to a google search that would show me his whole web presence. How nice of him. Saved me all the hassle of having to do it myself. :P

Oh, and to answer the other question(s)...if I can remember them... I don't mind if other people google-search me. It can be fun and yield interesting results, and I don't put anything online that I really don't want other people to see.
      Last edited by MeeshaLenee; February 9, 2011, 09:26 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeh of course I googled him...but I also google everyone if I think there might be something interesting come up haha :P
        If you google me the first thing that comes up on the search is my blog

My SO has a REALLY common name so nothing interesting came up
        I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
        please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
        It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

no until now, cos i just googled him! nothing came up... but i knw he had googled me! he just sad that there were old pics of me, i now i just googled myself n i found an ooold pic of me n my ex-H !!! wth! now im finding out from wat page so i can erase it.

Comment

When I googled Beau after I met him at freshman orientation, he was on ESPN's website as a top pick for college football. I was like WHAAAAAAT. He decided not to play in college but I was still impressed, hahaha.

Comment

i also googled myself and found out i am lawyer, insurance person, and have many people with my name all over the world lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                Wow that IS weird! Did you ask him about it? Sounds quite dodgy
                If i ask i'll have to admit to googling him
                Could be his old address as he has moved in the last 12/18 months?!?
                Other than that there was only his facebook.
                As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I googled him after we first met and found out not only does he have a common name, but shares the name with a famous golfer.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ_ View Post
                    I googled him after we first met and found out not only does he have a common name, but shares the name with a famous golfer.
                    Lol. Mine shares a name with a famous astronaut!
                    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

With my SO being a professional motorbike racer in the speedway industry he appears all over the internet. Newspapers, radios, TV, websites etc.

Comment

His name is too common. But he has nothing to hide.

Comment

I've definitely Googled my SO before
                          I first did it back when we were just friends. He has a very unique name, so I didn't have any trouble finding him. He has some pictures on there, as well as some articles related to his university work.
                          After we became a couple, I told him that I had Googled him. He thought it was cute ^^

My SO also said that he once tried to Google me, back when we were just friends as well! He didn't find anything about me, but that's not surprising, as my name is more common.

Comment

Sadly my SO has a common name so when I did, I didn't find much. But I did do a reverse image search a few times, mostly because the show Catfish had scared me and he and I hadn't had a chance to video chat yet. (We have since then lol)

Comment

I googled my SO right away, nothing much came up, he has a common Turkish name and he doesn't do much online exept he is on Facebook.

I didn't even mention to him that I googled him, I do all sorts of people including myself. I once had some info removed from a site because i prefer to have mostly workrelated things online. I have a rare middle name, so if you google me full name most hits are accurate.
                              Last edited by differentcountries; July 20, 2014, 05:02 PM.
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I google reverse searched his pictures. From catfish, and found nothing so that was goo. But, no I haven't really googled his name, which is kind of weird for me, I'll probably do it later lol
                                I approve of googling people, afterall, if everyone on catfish would've done that in the first place, we probably wouldn't have that show. I feel sorry for all the catfish-ees out there.
                                "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
                                X