Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you give up your citizenship for your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milaya View Post
    Well I'm hopefully getting a "spouse visa" to Japan when that time comes, which gives me all the rights as a Japanese citizen, except I can't vote. (I'll survive). But, if I really had to give up my Danish citizenship, I probably would. Japan doesn't allow dual citizenships.
    That is true, but people always find ways around that, I have a friend who lives in Japan she has Japanese citizenship, but she also kept her US citizenship as well.

also to answer the question no i would never give up my citizenship even though I may not be happy with the US sometimes it's me and it's something I would never lose no matter what.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

My SO and I have actually discussed what we would do when/if that time comes. He's agreed to move here, to the US from France because... well, he can speak much better English than I can speak French. :P

But if it came to giving up my citizen rights, absolutely not, I wouldn't expect him to do that either.

Comment

Working...
      X