No announcement yet.

How long have you been Long Distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I have a total of 6 years before we can think about closing the distance due to the different reasons. We're almost to one year. It's defintely do-able. My little success is nothing compared to others who actually have an end result and much more time on them but so far it's ssssooo worth it. The LDR will either make or break you (I hope that doesn't sound to scary) but it confirms things that being close distace couldn't. I was always never sure if he was the one or how serious we were until he left and all the talks, the reliance on communication, and the renewed excitement every time I do get to see him really has opened my eyes and shown me what the relationship is, almost from an outsiders perspective. I wish you the best of luck! This site is absolutely AMAZING and helps in so so so so many ways. I continue you to stick through it and we're all here whenever you need us.

Comment

We have been long distance since the relationship started, which is 2 years. We plan to close the distance in about another year. =]

Comment

We've been long distance the entire relationship, which is just over 2 years.

Comment

The entire relationship which is just over 6 months.

Four years sounds like forever, but it will fly by especially since you both will be busy with school. And it will make it better because since your from the same town originally when you go home for holidays you two will be able to see each other. My SO and I are a little over 500 miles apart, and we haven't put the most effort into being able to see each other but it is definitely doable to see each other quite a bit. Meet somewhere halfway, or you can alternate between the 6ish hour drive. It will be different from being CD but your relationship will become stronger with the distance and when you see each other it will be so much more special.

Comment

Ever since day one, which is getting closer to two years.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

We were close distance for 6.5 months, and we'll be long distance for almost 12 more in total. It's been a little over 8 months LD now.
              My heart belongs to a pilot!
              ~*~
              ~*~
              [/center]

Comment

My ticker says it all!

Comment

The thought of LD is intimidating and scary, but once you get into it, it really isn't as scary as it sounds. My SO and I have been best friends for 12 years, living in the same town, going to the same school from elementary all the way through high school. We went to prom together as best friends and he asked me out in the middle of August. We were only "together" as a couple for 14 days before he left for college. So, we've been Long Distance for about 6 months now, with him coming home for short breaks from school intermittently. We'll temporarily close the distance in the middle of May, and then we'll resume long distance in September. This will go on for 5 or so more years, because he is in a 5 year program at school (but may graduate early) but will probably get his BS/MS together, so it may be another year. And there's nothing wrong with a long engagement, granted I'm not engaged, but I would love to be.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by princessmia View Post
                    My ticker says it all!
                    I second this. ^^

Closing the distance soon to go to college together.

Comment

We were CD for only 3 weeks, and LD since the beginning of September :P Stupid school.

Comment

14 months....and worth every moment!! It won't be like this forever.
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

MY BF and I have been long distance since we met back in 2002... we've been exclusive since 2008... Its not going to be easy... but if love each other.. it will definitely be worth it!

We will close the distance next summer 2012 once I am done with school.

Comment

My boyfriend and I have been long-distance since the beginning of our relationship on March 17, 2010, which means it will be a year in just 15 days. I swear it feels like it has totally flown by! We plan to close the distance very very soon, and I couldn't be happier. We are not formally engaged, but have been talking about marriage for months now. You don't need a ring to lock him down. If you are both committed and honest with each other, you can survive any amount of time apart. Good luck and know that you have a whole community of people here to support you!

Comment

We have been long distance for 1year and 8months before we end the distance.. We all here understand how hard is LDR but it is not forever... This sites has helps me a lot going through the whole LDR things.. I like read about others story and how they end the distance because it inspired me and give me motivation.. I feel i am not alone.. It will be worth it, if both of you are willing to make it work.. Best of luck to both of you!:-)

Comment

For over two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X