How long has it been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kireinamida View Post
    We just need to strive and believe that this it worth it.
    I love this line!!!! Thank you. And in the end, what is meant to be, WILL be.

Comment

I last saw him January 6th, and I'll be with him again in June or July. We talk just about every day on GoogleTalk, but rarely text because we're international. We both deal with it by just living our lives as normally as possible, we have busy careers and friends and family to take our minds off of the distance. It's not perfect, and won't be until we can figure out closing the distance, but lots of communication and normalcy works for us.

I've got a grown daughter who still lives at home, 3 dogs, a bunny and a stray cat I care for, so I don't have a lot of time left to mope around
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        so I don't have a lot of time left to mope around
        LOVE that!! Moping around never helps the LDR.

Comment

Last saw him, three weeks ago today, probably won't see him again for another four weeks or more.

Last talked to him twelve hours ago. We rarely go a whole day without just telling the other in some form or other, whether through email, phone, or text, that we love each other. Sometimes, we go long periods of time without having conversations though due to conflicting schedules and both of us being extremely busy. I think as long as I keep busy I'm fine. I focus on positive things instead of negative and try not to think of or dwell on the distance at all.

Comment

I think I'm lucky because we get to 'talk' via messenger pretty much everyday, during the week for half hour or so before he goes to bed and just after I've had dinner. He was here for 18 days over Christmas/New Years which ended a 3 year and 55 day separation (we had deaths, job loss, and illness) which was really hard. We are now back on our every 6 months schedule with me going there in June/July.

We get through it with a lot of emails, and offline messages. I have a 6 year old daughter that keeps me busy, and I am a special needs professional that does live in care 24/7, though I (am suppose too) have my weekdays off from 9-3. I love my job so that really helps keep me busy and happy, as well.

During the lonely, quiet times, I'm here reading and talking and sharing. I'm an avid reader so books keep me busy, I play a lot of solitaire, and I journal.. everything.. to get it all out..and to share it with him as well.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

havent seen her since last January 12th i do miss her alot

Comment

Haven't seen him since I left December 16, 2010. Won't be seeing him at best till May 25th, 2011, or much later?...We talk 2-3 times a week now that he's very busy and so am I, but when we're not busy almost every day.

Comment

It's been 3 weeks since we've seen each other. Yeah I know, those of you for which it's been longer want to slap me right now. I talk to him every day, though. And not sure when I will see him next....probably this summer, we talked about July for our next trip. I think as we get closer and can firm up some dates, we'll book something. I've been trying to get to his island too though and that may prove impossible, since I have to buy the ticket so far in advance to avoid it being over $1000 and with my daughter I just can't plan THAT far in advance, as anything can happen. I might have to suck up and buy the trip insurance for that ticket *sigh*

We both stay busy - we exercise, we work, I'm also in school, and also have the daughter and an ex to deal with, his dad is visiting for the next few weeks. We just do and go and that helps. But when we're up together late at night, we both kinda feel the ache. We play it off, but we know it's there.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I haven't seen him since the 30th of May last year. And i won't see him until june or july. We're lucky though because we have a good internet connection so i talk to him for at least an hour every day on skype or yahoo video calling. I keep pretty busy with college work, going out with friends etc., coming on forums like these helps too

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Last time I saw him was the 27th of February... To keep busy I play a LOT of videogames, and blog about everything. I'll also do Cosmo exercises in my room and draw pictures too. It's actually been alot easier this time around.

Comment

Last time we saw each other was March 7th. Last time we talked was a couple hours ago.

I'm more the one who need to be kept sane, lol. He loves me and misses me and everything, but he doesn't get as emotional as me. I don't do anything really special...I just read and go for walks and watch tv and stuff to keep myself busy. It helps that we talk at least once a day too.

Comment

I just saw him this last weekend, and we'll be together again starting Monday for vacation. After that, we'll go 4 to 5 weeks before we see each other again. Hopefully, that will be our last visit before we close the distance.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                          - A. A. Milne

Comment

Last time I saw him was February 11th, when I was visiting him. Before then I think the last time I actually saw his face was over webcam in June of last year. We last spoke yesterday via text because I asked him to do something for me. Before then was about a week ago, again by text. Last time I talked to him on the phone was Valentine's day.

I basically keep myself busy in whatever way I can inbetween moments of contact or conversation. It's gotten easier since I've had to deal with minuscule contact since May of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                              It's gotten easier since I've had to deal with minuscule contact since May of last year.
                              Thank you for sharing. Might I ask why minuscule contact? I'm starting to get that and it's driving me crazy.

Comment

He left on January 10 after being here for 3 wonderful weeks...

i miss him incredibly so.. and eventho he came to visit me 2 time before this last one... this time it has really hit me hard.. how much i miss him.. its terrible.. and i get really depressed somedays..

I try really hard not to think so much on the fact that i miss him... and i keep myself busy.. i play WoW and i am on my last semester of college so i have a few things to keep me busy. Thats really all there is. Some days i'd speak with my brother and/or watch some TV (i dont watch much tv) but generally i just play WoW.

Every day we speak with each other through skype.. for hours.. thats pretty much what i do most of the time and he talking to him helps a lot. and if one particular day we've both been really busy.. we talk with each other at night before we go to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X