No announcement yet.

When you saw them for the first time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the first time I saw my baby like it was yesterday. We had trouble finding each other in the airport in Seattle, and when I finally found the exit and saw her, my stomach flipped. She looked so good, and she was smiling at me. I hugged her for a long time, and she said I was squeezing her, but when i released, she asked "Do I get a kiss?" It was such a sweet, soft kiss. I had felt like I was in love before I actually saw her in person, but when I kissed her, I knew. Sometimes, you either know, or you don't know, and at that moment, I knew.

Comment

When I first met my boyfriend, we weren't officially dating. He just so happened to be staying the night in town with his mom and sister on their way to a different town to go shopping. I met him at the hotel he was at. When he got out of his car, I looked at my friend (who was with me since there was a big group of us hanging out), and said "This is the closest we have physically ever been before." I nearly told her to get back in the car to leave. I'm so glad I didn't. We went into the hotel lobby because my friend had to use the bathroom. After a few moments, we saw him. I stood up and I kinda...just froze. He did this little wave thing and then I practically ran into his arms. We stood like that for a moment, just holding each other. The song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri comes to mind when I think back to that night.

Comment

He flew over to see me. There's a glass separating the baggage claim area from the waiting area, so I could spot him as soon as he passed through the immigration, and went to claim his bag. There were lots of people in the waiting area though and I stood in the back so we didn't make eye contact.

I can't even remember what I was thinking, because I was getting so excited at that point I was close to hyperventilating. I kept my eye on one exit but he came through the other, came to me from the side and startled me even more. He was just smiling and held a piece of paper which said Hi! in a heart.
        I threw myself around his neck and he laughed, and we kissed <3

I was a bit lost for words for the first half an hour, I just remember walking out of the airport with him holding my hand...but an hour later we already had sex

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Omg meeting for the first time was so amazing =). I was standing with my mom waiting for Chris to come out of the gate and kept saying "Omg mom I'm nervous" over and over. He texted me that he landed and when I saw him walk around the corner towards me, it felt like time stopped because we had been waiting for that moment for so long. We were both smiling really big and once he got over to me, we gave each other the biggest hug ever. I kept pulling back to look at him because he was SO handsome in person and I couldn't believe he was really standing in front of me. I was also really surprised with myself because I thought I would be extremely nervous in front of him, but all my nerves went away and it felt like I had already met him =). We hugged some more and took a picture together and picked up his luggage and headed to the beach where we had an amazing week together =) Here's a picture of us from the first time we met at the airport

Comment

On an icy cold day in the middle of December 2010, I stood alone at the top of the main staircase which leads into one of London's busiest railway stations. I'd taken off my grey beret in the toilets a few minutes before, but shivering now in the frosty draught which came sweeping through the entrance, I sure was regretting having done so! He'd texted a while earlier to tell me he was going to be late; I'd replied telling him where to find me. All that was left to do was wait. I felt ridiculously self-conscious. I remember fiddling with my hair, tapping my fingers on the low wall behind me, repeatedly pulling my phone out of my pocket to check the time... and at the moment he finally arrived, I happened to be squinting down at the screen and heard him before I saw him.

"Hi," he said, and I almost dropped my phone as I turned to look at him. As I took in the bright blue eyes, the curly black hair, the white shirt, I felt colour flood my cheeks. "Hi, how are you?" I stammered, then jerked towards him and drew him into an awkward half-hug before he could reply. We stood back and glanced shyly at one another; our gaze met, we both grinned with a sort of nervous delight and looked away quickly. I asked how he was again, and could've kicked myself for the repetition. If he noticed though, he didn't seem to mind.

We went for a coffee (he drank, I couldn't), chatted for half an hour (he talked, I didn't... much), and I handed over the presents I'd bought him for Christmas and his birthday. Then I had to leave in a Cinderella-esque rush when I realised the time. As we stood on the concourse ready to say goodbye - until three days later, that is - he leaned in and kissed me softly on the temple. The station spun at the touch of his lips; I buried my face in his shoulder, too embarrassed for words. "Are you disappointed?" he murmured into my hair. "Not at all," I croaked, my voice muffled by his coat. He let me go and I made to walk away, then turned back on impulse and planted a hasty kiss on his cheek. "I'll see you next week!" I said, and as I hurried off, I looked over my shoulder and caught the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as he unfolded a small map of the Tube

Comment

We'd met before he came to visit me but we weren't boyfriend/girlfriend at that point. The first time he visited as my boyfriend, we'd agreed to meet at my apartment because we wanted our first moments together to be just for us. When I heard him knock I flew up the stairs and opened the door. For a second we just stared at each other, then we hugged for ages and kissed. Then I realized I'd been so excited that I'd left my keys in the apartment - we were locked out. We spent the next hour waiting for my landlord, after we raided his bag and found 2 sweaters for me. October in Canada with no jacket is COLD!!!

Comment

My SO and I were CD before LD. But our first date was pretty much a blind one for me - he had seen me with a mutual friend, and asked her to give him my number. We talked for a few days before meeting up, so I was extremely nervous as I Could tell he was one of the good ones. When I saw him, I just immediately felt relaxed - he was so friendly, and had such a warm smiling face that made it impossible to be nervous around him. Aw, I miss him so much!

Comment

Oh i so full of butterflies! Sitting down in the arivals area waiting for him in Noriwch Airport. I remember seeeing him walk through the doors >.< Weirdest feeling in the world but the best ever! Just sorta ran and hugged for a good minute or so >.<

Comment

I remember seeing him right out of the terminal. He had the most nervous little smile, and as soon as I saw him I couldnt help but grin. I half walked, half ran towards him. I went in for the hug and he gave me such a strong hug and lifted me off the ground. I sort of wrapped my legs around him and let him just hold me for a minute. And then we kissed. Everything was perfect. Then I just looked at him now knowing what to say just so happy to finally be holding his hand and looking into his eyes. I think I said, "You're so cute." After that we went to get my bag and then to get pizza, he never let go of my hand that night...what a magical night and visit that was.

Finding myself.

Comment

I went to school with my SO before I moved away, but we weren't together then but we had a lot of classes together and were sort of friends. But the first time I saw him when we were LD was at Arlanda Airport in Stockholm, and I was so nervous my heart was beating about 100 miles per hour! Tons of people came through before him and I was starting to get slightly worried that he'd decided not to show up - even though he'd been texting me through the day when he got to check-in and passport control and when he'd landed. But then he walked through the doors, I whispered "Him" to my Mum who'd never even seen a photo of him before, and then took a step out of the group of people as the same time as he walked over to me and I just said "Hi!" kind of not sure what to do, and then he gestured that he wanted to give me a hug, so I hugged him back - I remember we were both shaking like goodness knows what! And then I introduced him to my Mum and then we walked out of the airport in awkward conversation and then it was even more awkward on the journey home because it was a 4 hour journey and it was mainly my Mum & SO talking for the whole 4 hours and me looking out the window trying not to look too embarrassed or embarrass myself But then we got back to my house and had dinner and then played cards for 3 hours and then talked for another 3 hours and then it wasn't so awkward anymore
                      No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

haha i thought this was a "first seeing" as in ever ever. and i was going to put "he did my head in!!" :P

the first time we saw each other after being apart for a long time (distance wise)... well he walked in the door, we greeted each other with a kiss, and well... decided one kiss wasnt enough... hehe

Comment

well we were CD before, but the first time I saw him after I had moved was sooo intense. I drove back home, well straight to his and he was expecting me a little later, but I had driven so fast because I couldn't wait and I literally jumped onto him and he gave me a really really long kiss while embracing and carrying me to his bed and well you know the rest...

Comment

We had only known each other 2 months so everything was still very new for us. I was visiting friends in Virginia and that was a 4 hour drive for him vs 8 hours to ky. He was at a hotel and as I pulled in the parking lot I saw him standing there. I got out of the car and we both slowly walked towards each other he gave me a huge hug and lifted me off the ground. I remember my first thought was aww he is so cute! Lol it was kinda awkward at first.. We went to eat lunch then I showed him around town (I had lived there for 2 1/2 years during college) after a few hours he finally kissed me and after that we didn't stop! I wanted to keep kissing him. We basically only had one full day together but it was perfect! I think about it everyday!

Comment

Working...
                            X