Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as our distance is about to be closed, looking back in it I chose to stick it out for all that time because I knew that he was (and is!) the right person for me to be with. I love him with all of my heart and would never have thought of giving that up because I couldn't be with him every day. I don't regret a second of it.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY THAT IT'S BASICALLY OVER OMG.

Comment

I didn't choose and LDR, it chose me.
      I fell in love with somebody via the internet who just happened to be a long way aways.
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I most definitely didn't choose to be long distance. Well, this will be a long post lol. My boyfriend and I go back 12 years...we've been best friends since we were 7 years old, and we grew up 2 blocks away from each other. Right around the time we got to high school, he moved across town, closer to the high school. We were still in the same town, and went to the same school still. I've known since I was 9 years old I wanted to be with him, but I was always scared to go out with him because I was afraid of ruining our friendship. Eventually, I knew I was so in love with him and HAD to be with him. We graduated high school together and went to prom together. That summer, I knew he'd be going away to college in September, and it would have killed me if he came home with a girlfriend. So, all summer, I tried to work up the courage to ask him out...finally, he asked me out! We were a couple 14 days before he left for school, and then we decided to try long distance. Here we are almost 9 months later and we're about to temporarily close the distance for the summer! We're so excited, and so in love! <3 Honestly, I think long distance has made us grow closer together, has made us grow up more, and has really helped our communication and fortified our trust in one another. So, looking back on it, I wouldn't have traded this experience for the world. We're going to be long distance a total of 6-8 years, and we're almost done with 1 of them, so that's 5-7 left. It'll be constantly switching between LD and CD. Obviously, it will be tough handling the distance, because being apart sucks and is so hard for us, but it will be so worth it in the end. <3

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I fell in love?

Comment

I chose to sacrifice the CDR I had because my SO and I couldn't both get into the same graduate school. While deferrment, not going, and waiting were options, we both want to start our life together with jobs that we like.

Comment

My Wife... or her career for that matter, chose it for us. If I had it my way, Id work til I drop just to keep her with me. But like most of us, she wants a sense of fulfilment. Hurts like Hell, and the worst thing is, its still about to happen! Cant stop her from her dreams though.

Comment

Like many other people have said, I didn't choose an LDR over a CDR. I fell in love with a man, and he happened to live on the other side of the country. C'est la vie.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                -- Anonymous

Comment

Like many others on here have said, I didn't choose to be in a LDR. We met online, fell in love and decided we wanted to be together even though we lived in different countries, so what can you do We stuck through it though and here we are, living together

Comment

I'm one of the rare ones who actually CHOSE a LDR over a CDR
                    My SO was just my friend... I had like 10 guys that were here, and highly interested, and sweet and flirty and whatever... could have had any of them... but I fell in love and shoved them all away. I got along more with Thila and I had already decided that if I do a LDR then I would get to know the guy before anything physical happens... therefore its not centered around the physical aspects of a relationship but you have time to build up and be sure of the emotional aspects of it... Now, however, I would do anything to have him close.

Comment

It greatly amuses me that you believe I had any sort of choice in the matter.

Comment

I don't think I would choose to be in one if I didn't know it was only temporary. I don't really think I had a choice because I knew that he was the one I loved and wanted to be with and vice versa. I think to most people on this forum it is a pretty simple decision where you have no choice because you feel a connection to someone. At the same time, I personally wouldn't choose to continue to be in one if there was no solution to ending the distance eventually.

Comment

No matter how far away he was I always planned to close the distance so eventually we would be in a close relationship.

Comment

I didn't want to be in a relationship at all until I complete my education, but as you can see, life had other plans for me. I fell in love. And this relationship happens to be a LD one. If you love that person who is far away, there is nothing to choose. You're going to put up with the hassles and pains of being LD until you can close the distance for good. That is actually a choice, too, come to think of it. So: I chose my LDR, because I fell so hard (like a ton of bricks!) for that man and he takes good care of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                              Almost none of us choseto have an LDR. What happened was we fell in love with people who were far away to begin with, or who became far away because of an outside force. You can't chose who you fall in love with.

I chose to be LDR instead of breaking up because I loved him and I from experience , knew that good men are very hard to find. I wasn't ending a relationship with someone so suited for me because of a trivial thing like distance.
                              This is it exactly for me. I started CD, and it became an LDR when I moved after graduation. We knew even before I moved that we wanted to eventually marry, so breaking up was never really an option for us. We knew we wanted to close the distance again as quickly as we possibly could.
                              My heart belongs to a pilot!
                              ~*~
                              ~*~
                              [/center]

Comment

I'd rather have a LDR with Loic than a CDR with anyone else.
                                I can't and wouldn't change how much I love him, and how much I love him more every single day! I didn't have a choice to keep our relationship in the same city or country... my visa was a non-renewable working holiday one, and he has to stay in Ireland/UK until he's done his actuary exams. I'd give anything to be able to live in Dublin with him, but options for Irish visas are awful.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
                                X