Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Height difference between you and your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Height difference between you and your SO?

I thought this would be a interesting topic to discuss. What is the difference in height between you and you SO? How does this effect you if it does at all?

I will start, me and HBB share a whopping '11 inch height difference! I am 5'2 and he is 6'1. So far, since we havent yet met, it doesn't effect us. However, it's been a endless source of jokes and other such stuff. From pics and him standing next to a measuring stick we have figured out that without heels the top of my head will almost line up perfect with his shoulder! Should lead to some sore necks kissing!!

Five inches :P. I'm 5'5" and he's 5'10". Other than sex (I'm dominant, but short ;_;!), there's no real issue. No wait, I've accidentally headbutted his chin a few times xD.

Comment

I don't know the exact measurements but my SO is about a head taller than me. I love it I'm the perfect height to snuggle into her shoulder It only would be a bit of a problem when we have sex standing up as I need to stand of my tip toes a bit! hehe.

I feel a bit bad when she has to lean down to kiss me though. :P

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I know it's enough that when I visit him and I cook in his kitchen I am constantly asking him to reach things down to me because I'm short and his shelves are high. >.>

Comment

We're very close to each other in height. I'm an average European girl at 168 cm (5,5 feet) and he's an average Japanese guy at 172 cm (5,6).
          I actually like that we're almost the same height. It's easy to kiss, snuggle and hug ^^

Comment

I'm 5'6", he's 6'6", so there's a foot difference. I love being hugged by him, it's like being enveloped, hehe. But he does seem to have to bend down quite a bit to kiss me if we're standing. I don't know how much that bothers him, but as such a tall guy, I'm sure it's nothing new to him. We did kiss a lot sitting on the couch.

Comment

Around 15 cm(I don't know how to express that in inches, lol). And I don't think this will affect us in any way

Comment

I'm 5'3, he's 6' or 6'1 (not sure). For awhile, the height difference was less noticeable b/c I was always in heels. I remember the first time I didn't have my heels on, I felt so short! Yep, I have stood on my tippy toes while kissing him, but I love wrapping my arms around his neck and looking up at his face.

Comment

There are 9 inches between my SO and myself. I come in at a whopping 5'1" and he's 5'10". But I love the difference. I like that I can hear his heart beats when he hugs me.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Strangely, I've always liked reaallly tall guys.

My SO has maybe an inch or two taller than me, but we fit perfectly together. ^.^

Comment

Well... i am 173cms (5ft6) and hes above 185cms (<6ft) for sure! i am very tall for asian girl sizing, always been the tallest girl when i was at school. And i am very lucky my SO is a healthy Caucasian hahah once i wear a 12cms platform while i was in Germany and i still not as same as height as he is!! i love snuggles with him because seriously rare find someone whos taller than me! so im soo lucky again!

Comment

My girlfriend is 5'4" and I'm 6' even. There aren't really many disadvantages because we're relatively close in height, but the biggest advantage is that we fit perfectly together in each other's arms, like puzzle pieces. :-)
                        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I'm 158 cm tall while my SO is 180. So yeah, 22 cm (not sure how many in inches) height difference. My build is small too so I love how I fit in his arms. I feel so protected.

Comment

I'm 4' 11" and my S.O. is 6' 2"
                            Since we haven't met yet, it hasn't caused a problem... but haha, when we meet, we'll have to figure out basic things like kissing without stretching and bending uncomfortably. haha.

First Met Online: October 2010
                            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

My SO is 5'11" and I'm 5'0" and it's a hobby of his to tease me about that :P. It hasn't created any real issues for us, though I think it makes things kind of awkward when we're out walking around and he starts to say something (he already talks very quietly), because I miss a lot of what he says since the top of my head only reaches his shoulders. He ends up having to repeat himself a lot...
                              "These are the days of miracle and wonder. This is the long-distance call."--Paul Simon
                              "I can't tell one from another. Did I find you, or you find me?
                              There was a time before we were born. If someone asks, this where I'll be. . .where I'll be."--Talking Heads

Comment

Working...
                              X