Am I in the wrong here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dump him! Harry Potter first! D:<

Seriously though, you made these plans before he decided to visit. Your life doesn't revolve around him, so you can't drop plans just like that for him. It's not like you told him he couldn't come either, so he's making the choice to act like a big baby. He needs to grow up and deal with the fact that you already had plans.

Comment

I guess I'm the Harry Potter hater in this thread. Not a fan at all, but my SO likes it. I'm being forced to go see it sometime even though we're not LD anymore, so I'd definitely spend the time to see it if we were still LD. Every minute counts when you only get so few.

It's just a couple hours of time, so he should suck it up or get over it. The plans were made beforehand, and he needs to understand your POV.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
      - A. A. Milne

Comment

I guess I'm the Harry Potter hater in this thread. Not a fan at all, but my SO likes it. I'm being forced to go see it sometime even though we're not LD anymore, so I'd definitely spend the time to see it if we were still LD. Every minute counts when you only get so few.

It's just a couple hours of time, so he should suck it up or get over it. The plans were made beforehand, and he needs to understand your POV.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
        - A. A. Milne

Comment

I get why he's upset, but regardless of what movie you're seeing, you made plans to do something with a friend first. He can't expect you to drop everything just because he decides to come down. If spending time means enough that it upsets him to miss a few hours, he can suck it up and go with you. Since he'll probably have no clue whats going on, I'd at least offer to pay for his ticket.
          No one's right nor wrong- from his perspective, this IS just a movie, I get why he's upset, but you have a life.

Comment

How far did he travel to see you? I'm sorry, but if my SO sprang a visit on me, I'd be beyond thrilled and I'd reschedule my movie plans with my girls. Movies are in theaters for months....who knows when I'd get to see my SO again. Hope it works out for you!

Comment

In the end he said he would come two weeks after that. Thanks for all of your answers guys, they were really helpful

But now he's saying he might not come at all..............i hate it when he does this to me..........................

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Working...
              X