Age gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age gap

Are there any people out there that are in an LDR with a younger/older woman or younger/older man? My SO and I have a 14 year age gap and I'm wondering if I'm the only one

My SO & I have a 9 year age gap, but I am 33 and he is 42 so it's less of an issue. However, when we were younger, we were in a relationship when I was 18 and he was 27 and already a parent. It was a very different experience then. But a good one. I've always preferred older men. I've dated up to 20 years older when I was in my twenties.

But back to my SO & I - even in this age gap there are times where we find it funny that he was graduating high school while I was in elementary school. And he prefers eighties music to my nineties. I like to tease him about being my old man

Comment

My SO is 5 years older than I am, he's 22 and I'm 17. From previous topics like this I can garentee you most of us have at least some sort of age gap so you definitely aren't alone. ^^

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Cool Beans. So to you guys that replied, how did you deal with being LD? Was it different than the close distance relationships that you may have had with an older SO?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

My SO has 3 sons. The youngest is 4 and he's pretty much the sole provider for him. His older two are 13 and 12. I have no issue with him having kids. In the beginning I was a bit worried, but now not so much. I love kids and I see that the way he takes care of them is how I'd like for him to take care of our kids if we have any in the future

Comment

me and Denise have a 6 year age gap, but i loveeeee it

Comment

He's 5 yrs older than me. The only difference is that sometimes he doesn't remember what it's like to be my age, and instinctively plays protective older brother. I just try to remind him to trust me and let me make my own mistakes, even though his protective instinct is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by yayagrl View Post
              Cool Beans. So to you guys that replied, how did you deal with being LD? Was it different than the close distance relationships that you may have had with an older SO?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

My SO has 3 sons. The youngest is 4 and he's pretty much the sole provider for him. His older two are 13 and 12. I have no issue with him having kids. In the beginning I was a bit worried, but now not so much. I love kids and I see that the way he takes care of them is how I'd like for him to take care of our kids if we have any in the future
              The only hard thing about my age gap is that because I'm not technically a "legal adult" I can't really be with my SO and therefore we have to hide it from our parents and that just means it's really difficult to plan vists, talk on webcam, make phone calls, we're pretty much in closet relationship :/

Notes:
              Met: 8.17.09
              Started Dating: 8.20.09
              First Met: 10.2.10
              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

That's one of the things that initially attracted me - seeing him interact with his son. When we first met, his son was 2 years old, and we remained friends even after we broke up the first time so his son always knew about me as his dad's friend. My son (who is almost 8) had not met him until last summer, but also knew that he was my friend that I talked to a lot on the phone.

Other than the obvious differences between ldr and cdr dating, the only other thing I can think of is how I still like to go out with my friends and have a few drinks while he is more inclined to stay home and watch tv, but I know that would be the same even if we were close distance. Our situation with our kids comfort level may have been different if we had not been friends for as long as we were - that would have been my biggest concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
                  The only hard thing about my age gap is that because I'm not technically a "legal adult" I can't really be with my SO and therefore we have to hide it from our parents and that just means it's really difficult to plan visits, talk on webcam, make phone calls, we're pretty much in closet relationship :/
                  Awww that sucks. I feel your pain. Even though I'm over legal age, just turned 20 today, my parents wouldn't be ok with us being so many years apart. So they don't know about our relationship. Also I haven't told most of my friends because they wouldn't understand why I would want to be with a guy who's 33 with 3 kids and lives in Colorado, but it's not like I chose to look on the internet to find a guy. In fact when I met him I was just getting out of another LDR and wasn't really looking for another relationship, but somehow he won me over. And before anyone asks how I know my parents wouldn't approve. I asked my mom a hypothetical question basically saying how would you feel if I was with a 33 year old guy with 3 kids and she said I must be crazy. Soooo yeah when I tell them it's real they won't be happy. If I wasn't in school and they weren't footing the bill then I would've told em and dealt with whatever they would feel about it

Comment

My SO is three years younger than me. I feel like I'm the younger one though since he has a lot more life experience than I do.

Comment

My SO and I are the same age Well, I'm technically a month and a half older than he is, but that's ok. To be honest the both of us forget most of the time that its actually me who's sliiiiightly older just because my personality includes me acting more silly. At least more silly than he is. He's a pretty serious guy sometimes whereas I'm always laughing and seem to be having a good time. :P I think I've managed to melt his serious exterior after a year or so, so he's not very serious nowadays. Now he just likes to be silly and have fun with me.

Comment

There is a 9 year age difference between me and my SO When we met I was 18 and he was 27! Now im about to be 20 and hes about to be 29! Our birthdays are also only 4 days apart so we celebrate somewhat together

Comment

My SO and I are only 2 years apart, but at the moment it feels like alot more. He recently graduated high school and has moved out of the state to go to college. Thats how we became LDR . Im only a grade behind him, but it feels like so much more.
                          I lost you, I just hope not for forever :'(

Comment

My SO is three years older than me, but I totally feel like I am the older one! I have more life experience. I have been married, have kids, he hasn't ever done either. I OFTEN feel like the older one.
                            Ann

Comment

I'm 4 years older than him, but it works out well since we have such similar personalities.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                              - A. A. Milne

Comment

Working...
                              X