How did you meet your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I met when we were young I was 16 and he was 15. We met through a mutual friend at school.

" There is always hope.
    "

I meet mine through my internship in his country. His mother works where I used to intern and, well, he often visits and that's how we got to know each other. Best internship of my life!

Comment

Aww that's cute totally reminds me of the movie " going the distance " lol
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

My SO and I were camp counselors in the states working at a disability camp in Iowa. It my first year and his second year of returning to work. Gosh that was back in 08! We clicked towards the last few weeks of camp and became official may 09

Comment

I met my bf on facebook 1 year ago! we've been together officially since june of this year.

Comment

We met on an internet forum about 3 years ago.

Comment

We met in Second Life on Christmas Eve. Neither of us knew what to make of this connection we made from the first meeting... but we didn't want to let it go and now, we are living together in Texas and rarely if ever log into SL
              Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
              Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
              Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
              Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
              Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

We met almost 2 years ago on a website for people with Autism, mainly Asperger's Syndrome, he winked at me and we messaged a bit on there and it moved to facebook and we talked for almost a year before we became official and had our first meeting shortly after we became officially boyfriend/girlfriend.

Comment

I met my boyfriend when we were both juniors in high school (he was 16, I was 17). We had a mutual friend who was going to set us up. However, for some reason that never happened. So he happened to one day comment on her status on Facebook and I commented him back. We left about 100 comments on that status. I felt so bad for her haha. We then switched to Facebook chat and texting. We met at the mall 3 weeks later and were official a week after that. We dated for a year and a few months and then broke it off in the middle of the summer. But now we're back together :]

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                  Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                  Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                  Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                  Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

We met online a little over 2 and 1/2 years ago via a popular teen help site we both used, me as a moderator, mentor, and general volunteer and him seeking advice. We finally confessed to having feelings in 2010 and things progressed from there.
                    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                    Met online: February 2009
                    Feelings confessed: December 2010
                    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                    to be continued...

Comment

My best friend moved to New Hampshire when I was 14. Finally after I had graduated high school and done the first semester of college my mom agreed to let me buy a plane ticket to go and visit her. Long story short - she introduced me to my SO when I was 18 and he was 27. But if you want the really long version, you can always check out the LDR Stories section

Comment

Him and I met on xbox (playing Call of Duty Black Ops) about a year ago.

Comment

I met him at a New Years party when I was living in Ireland. I was friends with all the guys he had been friends with since highschool, and they invited me to come to the party with them! I met him and spent the entire night talking to him.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

We met on an RPG fourm online

Notes:
                            Met: 8.17.09
                            Started Dating: 8.20.09
                            First Met: 10.2.10
                            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

My sister and her husband introduced us. He is my brother-in-law's best friend and him and my sister thought we would be perfect for each other. Man, were they right! We started dating 10 days before the wedding, which we were both in.

Comment

Working...
                              X