Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicknames! xD Can be cute, funny or downright silly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicknames! xD Can be cute, funny or downright silly!

Well, I was just thinking about this yesterday as I was on my way to university, because earlier that morning, when we'd been talking, my SO had called me "Sweetpea" and "Cutie pie" amongst a dozen other nicknames and I swear, I blushed redder than my hair He's called me all sorts of things in the past, the conventional Babe and Baby, as well as a few he's come up including "Hunnii bunches" and we often call each other "hunnii". I like to call him my teddy bear, and I love it when he calls me his baby girl.

So, what nicknames do you have for your SO? And what nicknames does he/she have for you?

At first we said we were both against pet names. Then it became a joke, one a card he wrote 'To my baby' but it looked like bagbuh so now that is what he calls me. Its morphed into bibi recently though, he calls me that one though to bug me

Comment

She usually calls me sweetie or baby, and I like both. My very special nickname is Finnfishy, and I love it. I cannot remember the origin of the name but it's our thing. And I call her either Captain Awesomepawesome or my awesomepawesome girl, but more often just sweety.
      "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

She doesn't have any names for me, but when I say good night to her, I almost always say "good night, princess..." because that is what she is and always will be to me.
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

We use a number of nicknames, all in different languages, but usually we just call each other Sweetie or Sweetheart. Most recently he started calling me his sexy, which makes my ear turn red like tomatoes and he finds it absolutely adorable! I'm sure I'm going to hear that often from now on. Personally, I call him mein Augenstern or mein Schatz when talking about him with my friends. What we don't ever use is Baby. I don't like it and I won't be called that.

Comment

Ours are pretty common: he calls me honey and his love and I call him darling and my love. He used to call me lass when we were just friends, and I loved that, but it seems to be something he only calls girls who are friends.

Sometimes we go all formal Victorian and say things like, "I do love you Mr Smith." "And I love you, Miss White." (Only we use our real last names, heh.)

Comment

I don't use "babe," "baby," or any variation of and won't let him use it either.

I usually refer to him as Typo, based on when he had a particularly bad day for typing and I thought !, "Typo" would be a darling name for a dog, and seeing as I often referred to him as being my Irish Wolfhound, it fit, much to his initial protest (he now loves the name).

I tend to use "dear," "dearie," and "dearest," in addition to "honey," the most, whereas he tends to use "honey" and "sweetie"/"sweetheart" and "darling" (my personal favourite, next to "honey").

When we're feeling silly, we try to make up horribly cutesy names, like "little bon bon," "sweet little punkin'," etc.; we basically combine anything and everything in our power to make the most horrifying pet name.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I call him my wolf, and he calls me his feline.

Comment

Mainly hun or honey. Whenever he's about to get off the phone, he always says 'ummm hun'. We've joked about naming a cat we get "Umhun" he says it so much. Although, he also calls me shug which is short for sugar. It's one of my favorites. Here lately, baby's been used a lot more between the both of us --- another favorite of mine. Sweetheart is also common.
                  candi ❤ austin
                  ღ5.11.2011ღ
                  ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                  ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                  ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                  ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

We both call each other "honey" most of the time, but I also looove to call him "docinho" at times which means something like "sweetie" in Portuguese.

Comment

I'm "Lady" or "Kitten". Basically all of our Facebook chats start with him saying (typing?), "Hey, Lady".
                      Still haven't figured out a good nickname for him. I tend to use nicknames in a condescending way, though. So when he's being silly (which is often) or not particularly bright, he gets called "dear" or "sweetheart".
                      Ann & James

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird,
                      and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
                      we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
                      ― Dr. Seuss

Comment

We usually don't use terms of endearment, except sometimes we'll call each other "my love" and "mi amor." Neither of us is hispanic but we took Spanish in school.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

He calls me all sorts of things. Nicknames are quite the thing here. I get called machita, gringuita, zapito, pollito, muneca, amorcito, angelito all followed by hermosa, rica or lindo.
                          Last edited by lucybelle; October 6, 2011, 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Another Spanish one you can use is "mi cariño". My boyfriend also calls me this. It's like darling, sweetheart, etc. He's not Hispanic. I, however, am. It's just cute.
                            candi ❤ austin
                            ღ5.11.2011ღ
                            ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                            ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                            ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                            ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                            [/CENTER]

Comment

When we first started talking we called each other "Crazyz and Weirdz" crazy names i know but now we just called each other baby and he calls me names like sweetie, darling, beautiful sometimes
                              Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Working...
                              X