No announcement yet.

No official date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you can't think of a date when you were 'offical' then you should both choose a date that includes a memory or a day you both loved that was near-ish the time you knew it was going somewhere and use that talk to your SO about it and I'm sure you'll come up with something that means a lot to both of you!
    <3 My Si Shake

Comment

It wasn't clear - cut with us, too. We were attracted to each other the moment we met and had a thing going on between us a few days later, but we didn't become official until after I returned to my home country. My other half and me weren't sure then, if we truly wanted to be together as a couple. Still we count the day after we met (according to him that's when he knew he loved me, I took a few days longer because I wasn't ready to admit my feelings, even to myself) as our anniversary date...

Comment

I would go by the time that you actually decided to be committed to one another. That is what works best. Because there was the "we like each other" > "we think we wanna be together"> "Alright I wanna be with you" > " We are together" and i think it is the last stage that you should base it off of

And dont worry. Alot of people in LDRs dont have a sent date or kind of make one up
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
          I would go by the time that you actually decided to be committed to one another. That is what works best. Because there was the "we like each other" > "we think we wanna be together"> "Alright I wanna be with you" > " We are together" and i think it is the last stage that you should base it off of

And dont worry. Alot of people in LDRs dont have a sent date or kind of make one up
          How do you know when that is, though?

You don't decide from one day to the next "Ok, this is the person I want to be with"... or I don't anyway. I get a bit more convinced with every date, but it's definitely a gradual process.
          There's simply no single day on that my boyfriend and I decided to be a couple.
          Our anniversary is the day we first met. We weren't a couple right away, but that's the only concrete date we have. I mean, I guess we could take the day we first had sex or held hands in front of my friends or whatever, but a) we don't remember and in comparision to meeting the love of your life (even if it's without knowing about it) those are pretty insignificant events anyway.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I'm assuming Bethypoo means the transition from exclusivity into titles, though?

My partner and I had dated exclusively for some months before we ended up making it "Facebook official." Though the feelings have been around for much, much longer than when they were actually confessed and though we've technically been dating since January, making it almost a year that we've been "together," both my partner and I use 8 April as our anniversary and as our marker, as that was when he said he wanted me to be his girlfriend and when we took on the titles of a relationship.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Ours is REALLY easy to remember because it was our Senior Prom. That means, all we have to do to remember is open a yearbook! Hahaha
              May 20th, btw

We count that as our official day, but we had been dating for weeks before that, and I already knew how much I liked him then... there was no escaping it
              Every long lost dream led me to where you are
              Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
              Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
              This much I know is true...
              That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

My SO and I had a date of March 17th, 2010, broke up on July 22nd, 2011, and got back together September 15th, 2011. So I think we are using 9/15/11. But we may change it to 17th just to make the 17th our special day. But it really doesn't matter to us.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I didn't know the official date, just new more or less when. But a few months into our relationship, I asked him if he knew, and he knew the exact date when we got together, lol day and more or less the time. (not sure if he still remembers the time.) But was on a monday, on May 25th, 2009. I was all surprised he knew and remembered, when I hadn't. Made me fall just a bit more for him. And we been together since, strong, and have many many years together to come. He's my other half.
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

Ours was pretty official.
                    I'm so shy.. We were walking to our english class together one day and he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said "Sure."
                    Brilliant response of the year :P It was on April 7th of 2009

Comment

Well, me and my SO don't have an exact time to be official. But he told me his feeling in November 8 2010, so I think it was the 1st time we surrender our heart to each other. He never ask me to be his gf, just to be his princess last May - so can I count it as special person in his heart.
                      Actually I set November 8 as our special day ^.^

Comment

We have an official date, but we were back in high school where an official asking out was necessary. It was jan. 29th at about 1:30 am. It would have been earlier, technically jan. 28th but he was taking so long to ask me. Blurry times are good though because then you can say "hey today is our anniversary, lets celebrate" if your SO says we don't have an official date, then you can just make any day and then you can do more fun stuff Its a win-win

Comment

It was official on 6/19/11 around 9:14ish PM. happiest day of my life
                          My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
                          Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
                          Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
                          Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
                          Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
                          Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
                          Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
                          Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
                          Tobby: Addict!
                          Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

haha my SO and I had a general idea as to the month but we just decided to pick a specific day ourselves so that we both know and remember the date.

Notes:
                            Met: 8.17.09
                            Started Dating: 8.20.09
                            First Met: 10.2.10
                            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by iloveacarpenter View Post
                              I am one of those geeky people that know the exact date and time when it became 'official'. He took me for a walk after getting the ok from my dad and asked if I would be interested in being his girlfriend. Obviously I said yes. So that was June 8, 2010 at around 11 PM. I'm gonna go push my glasses up my nose and read the dictionary now
                              This fits me to a 'T'! Our official date was on December 9th, 2009 around 12:30am, but we consider our anniversary date December 8th since we hadn't gone to sleep that night yet.
                              Last edited by Trethsparr; October 26, 2011, 11:16 PM. Reason: Date fail.
                              My heart belongs to a pilot!
                              ~*~
                              ~*~
                              [/center]

Comment

We don't have a specific date either, but I count the day we met as our "anniversary", but we haven't sat down and decided and exact date for it. I think that's perfectly ok. if you really wanna have a specific day I suggest you talk to each other about it

Comment

Working...
                                X