Interracial relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited: irrelevant now.
    Last edited by TwoThree; August 5, 2014, 01:16 PM.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I love how this thread is so long, so many interracial relationships out there! My SO is German, and I'm Chinese Indonesian, and while I used to lament how my skin turns brown so quickly under the sun, he made me appreciate our differences.

Other than the colour we turn into under the sun, though, to me, he's just him, my SO, not just a "German". It used to always be at the back of my mind, that we're interracial, but it's really easy to forget about it as time goes by.

Comment

As you can see by my picture - I'm an about as white as they come caucasian American and his roots are Mexican though he was born and raised in TX. (I'd say Hispanic but he is very adamant that he's Mexican and doesn't deal with all the politically correct nonsense lol.) However, both of us can trace a large amount of our history to Ireland -his fathers family moved from Ireland to Mexico- his mothers family was from Mexico.

He comes from a traditionally large family and I come from a very small family. I don't speak Spanish, so I know the family gatherings are going to be kind of hard because when the family is together, that's what they speak. He is kind of the "head" of the family, even though he's the youngest male child. I have a hard time with everyone turning to him for everything and expecting him to handle everything as it seems like he's being used but he says that's how it works. It's cultural differences that we each have to adjust to between us and respect but compromise as well. I haven't had any negativity about being an interracial couple from anyone.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I am Saudi/Arab and He's French. We do have differences such as the look, he's got white skin and me brown skin. The other type of Differences is: we all know French is the romantic language and my guy is so romantic, very sensitive and giving. He sometimes buy me gifts from well-known French brands and it makes me feel like he tries to make me French lady! which is cute lol. I could see difference also when we eat together, he uses the left hand to hold the fork and I use my right hand.

Comment

My bf is from Zambia, and he has really dark skin. Me, I`m from the northern part of Norway. Considering that we don`t have sun two-three months of the year, I`m really pale :P
            we have just been together in Zambia. No comments, but a lot of people staring. Especially girls. One woman in a store said we were a nice couple..it really made my day
            and I hope we won`t meet anyone being negative at all. Like when he comes to Norway. I don`t feel like people are being judgmental when they stare either, it`s just like they`re...curious.

Comment

American girl and Indian boy! ♥ I have met him in India once, and I'm going back in 3 days to stay. This might be when we get married, things are looking that way. ♥
              To put it lightly, his family was a bit devastated when he told them about me. They offered to find him an Indian bride, but he stood his ground. They will come around, we both know that. Culture is more of a difference, in their eyes, than race... And to be honest, we have had some cultural disagreements, but nothing too serious.
              From America to India. ♥

Comment

Oh wow, I'm surprised that I haven't posted on this thread yet! Or maybe I have and I just can't find my post even though I looked through all 10 pages.
                As you can (probably) tell from my picture, I am also in an interracial relationship.
                I am Chinese Canadian while my SO is American (his roots trace back to France and a bunch of other European countries).
                His family is very very accepting of the fact that we're interracial but my family is a different story.
                Being Asian, my family is very traditional and there's a lot of cultural differences between my SO and my family. I'd say I'm pretty darn westernized, so I have no problems with eating burgers and pasta for dinner every day. :P
                My family has opened up to him a lot more over the years but there's still a long way to go.
                [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                became official: 28.03.11
                first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

I love when threads are unearthed!

Im Italian and my SO is Romanian. In Italy there are a lot of Romanian people but because of this close minded state and its close minded citizens, they're not well thought-of by everyone; east EU in general is not well thought-of by the average (stupid) Italian citizen.

In February, when I talked to one of my friends about the fact I met this guy on a trip in RO, he was like "What the fuck are you doing","Dont talk with me about those people" and stuff like that.
                  I've never talked to him again. I dont want to surround myself by ignorant and racist people who I used to call "friends"

Comment

Oh wow, I haven't posted in this thread yet? Well...hm, it's pretty obvious in my profile picture. Lol. I'm Chinese and he's.......kind of a "mutt", we say. He definitely identifies more with his Irish side, but I know he's Irish, English, and might have some German. That's as much as we know.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                      Oh wow, I haven't posted in this thread yet? Well...hm, it's pretty obvious in my profile picture. Lol. I'm Chinese and he's.......kind of a "mutt", we say. He definitely identifies more with his Irish side, but I know he's Irish, English, and might have some German. That's as much as we know.
                      He he he... I am from Philly too and a bit of a mutt. Aren't all Americans? I am mostly Italian and Irish with a healthy chunk of English and a smidgen of French. After spending so much time outside of USA, I have to say that I just call myself American now.
                      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                        He he he... I am from Philly too and a bit of a mutt. Aren't all Americans? I am mostly Italian and Irish with a healthy chunk of English and a smidgen of French. After spending so much time outside of USA, I have to say that I just call myself American now.
                        Lol, exactly. We're just American.

Comment

I'very been with my boy for a little over 3 months, we still have to meet in person, and that will be in March, so please wish us luck!! and he is a mix of different races. He is Korean, Chinese, and French :3 I am full white, and love the fact that he is of different backgrounds. He has a huge family and I can't wait to meet them. I also have a large family, but I think his may be more open and accepping about us. Both of my parents know and are fine. My mom likes him a lot. but it's the OTHER members of my family that I think will try to talk me out of being with him. =/ I dont want that. Please wish me luck with meeting, because when we do, I'm going to make it known that we're together. We get along very well as of now, and I love how we bond over the fact that we're of a different race. So race is no issue between us.

Comment

Working...
                          X