"I Love You" - Who, When, How, Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
    Ulysses had told me he was leaving after just a month of starting our relationship CD. I kept calm when he said it (cried loads at home but I did not want him to know) but a week later we were talking on the phone, and the more I talked to him, the more I wanted to just tell him how much I loved him. So I did and he was in shock and I was afraid something was wrong or I was going too fast because he did not say if right after.

The next date we had after that call, we went to a park and we found some kind of isolated abandoned structure. We love getting into these places. He gently pushed me against the wall and I thought he was going to kiss me, so I closed my eyes. He made very slight lip contact and whispered it then: "I love you too". And then he kissed me, it was a beautiful moment
    That is so romantic and sweet!!!!!!!!! My heart got butterflies!!!!
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

We met online... he told me in a handwritten letter which he sent through the post. I read it in bed in the evening of the day it arrived, and wept with joy and amazement at his words! I slept for few hours that night (with the precious letter pressed to my chest), waking up a 4 am to sit down at my desk and start penning a heartfelt declaration of my own

Comment

For those of you who met online, when did you say it? Did you wait til you met? Did you know before you met? How long had you known your SO?

I had a terrible relationship before my SO and I am not one to easily say I love someone truly and deeply. I had quite a wall up. My SO said "I love you" first and he said it a month or so into our relationship. I finally worked up the courage to say "I love you" to him after 6 months into our relationship. He had been there for me when shit was going wrong with my family and he never faltered. We had been friends a year before we dated. We both knew we loved each other when we first met in person (a year and a half into our relationship), but as we got to spend personal time together in person, the love only grew deeper and stronger. I believe we knew that we loved each other, but being able to see each other, spend time together, share our first kiss just solidified and confirmed our love.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
          We met online... he told me in a handwritten letter which he sent through the post. I read it in bed in the evening of the day it arrived, and wept with joy and amazement at his words! I slept for few hours that night (with the precious letter pressed to my chest), waking up a 4 am to sit down at my desk and start penning a heartfelt declaration of my own
          Aww that's such a nice experience! I bet you had lots of trouble sleeping with all the emotions there.

Comment

I think it was about a week after meeting each other online that we said we loved each other. Usually I'm not one to trust so easily and jump in quickly but everything felt so right. We talked on the phone for hours the first time. That week we exchanged a few hundred texts. And I realized in a very short amount of time that I didnt want to live a day of my life without him. I cant remember which one of us said it first, I think it was him, but one of us said nervously "I think I love you" and the other said "I think I love you too." And then we were convinced and we havent been able to stop saying it since.

A couple weeks later I remember him doing something silly and cute and loving. I remember saying to him "Just when I didn't think I could love you anymore. " and he said, "Babe, I gave up on a cap for my love for you two days ago. I love you." That's when I knew this wasnt just a casual fling, and I was on a mission to meet him from that moment on.

Finding myself.

Comment

My SO was the first to say I love you, I was always hesitant because I was still recovering from my ex at the time. He probably said it not long after we started dating, and I think I started saying it just because I felt bad he kept letting it slip and it was awkward to just sit there like "oh ok." We started dating about a month after we met so i'm assuming it took about 2 weeks for us to start saying it. Which now that I look back on it I regret letting it happen that easy.
              "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
              Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
              Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
              First Visit: December 7, 2017
              Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

For those of you who met online, when did you say it? He said it New Year's Eve at 11:23 (I'm not obsessive lol I was watching the time until midnight)
                Did you wait til you met? Nopee.
                Did you know before you met? Yes!
                How long had you known your SO? We'd known each other about three months.
                ~-
                He said it in German cuz he was too scared to say it in English. Lol I had to go google-translate it but then I was like "aww! I love you too!" and I did.

Comment

My SO and I knew each other online for like 3-1/2 years before we started LDR. It happened when we put it on Facebook, the day after my visit; we were chatting on IRC and when I signed off I said "love you!" and he said it back. The next day when we were chatting he said "I love you" first; he had hinted at it during my visit so I knew. Now we say it every day that we chat.

Comment

He did... I really liked how it happend!

We have known each other for 7 years, and we always said it was love at first sight. So when I saw him 3 years a go when I still had a boyfriend but we really fell for each other, while we where crying he said to me in dutch my last day, my last hours: Ik hou van je (I love you). I didn't respond because he caught me off guard.. And I wasn'te sure if I heard it right because of the crying.

So when I saw him 3 months ago... We were hanging out, drinking wine, talking about the past 3 years and that we really liked each other, and then I said to him:" I always knew you loved me!"
                    And he said:"Yes I did! doesn't that scare you?"
                    I:"No! I always loved you as well, and you said it before, 3 years a go.. in dutch!?"
                    He: "Yes I did, I didn't knew you heard that, aaaah I love you!!"

You had to be there hahahaha

But for me, it is more personal and more real if I say it to him in Dutch... I love you sounds kinda fake for me.. But he says it in Dutch a lot as wel
                    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

He said it to me first on accident, we were just friends back and only known each other a few months after meeting online, 1 or 2 then and he didn't really realize he had feelings for me until it slipped out and shortly after he realized he really did feel that way towards me. It was a while after that, I realized I had strong feelings for him too, and then it just became natural for us to express our feelings and say it, but it kind of hit me like a brick wall one day that I literally did LOVE him and couldn't imagine myself without him, then I told him and was hard to admit it, but felt amazing once I did. A part of me was skeptical of " long distance, or online relationships " but I took a chance because I'd never felt that way about anyone EVER before. Shortly after that, about 3 months into knowing each other online we started dating. and 3 months later we met in person for the first time and it was no different than how it was online, the only difference if a minor one was that we could touch and it was absolutely amazing, it felt so comfortable and natural between us. : )

Comment

Working...
                      X