No announcement yet.

Roommate in LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I count any relationship where distance/travel time prevents the two of you seeing each other as often as you would like as a LDR. We were 600 miles apart but luckily due to our circumstances with time off and our financial positions, we were able to see each other every two weeks pretty much through the eight months or so we were LD. I still considered us LD though, as I couldn't pop round to his after work in the evenings, or meet him for lunch, or have a cuddle when I wanted to.

It isn't black or white, there are lots of shades of grey (and I don't mean thtat godawful book!)
    Last edited by kattermole; October 29, 2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Come on guys. Please be mature and respectful. Nobody likes their relationship being judged or criticized so why do that? We get it enough from the people who believe LDR's cannot work, so why should we be critical of each other when we should be supportive? Really. There's no textbook definition of what counts as long distance and just because you may not consider someone to be LD, they may feel they are, so there's no point in bashing each other. That's not what Michelle and Frank designed the forum for. We're all in this together and everyone has a unique situation and story. That's what makes our forum so cool. We're all diverse and we all have different stories to tell. The forum is supposed to be here for support and for fun! Right now, this is not being supportive or fun.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
        Come on guys. Please be mature and respectful. Nobody likes their relationship being judged or criticized so why do that? We get it enough from the people who believe LDR's cannot work, so why should we be critical of each other when we should be supportive? Really. There's no textbook definition of what counts as long distance and just because you may not consider someone to be LD, they may feel they are, so there's no point in bashing each other. That's not what Michelle and Frank designed the forum for. We're all in this together and everyone has a unique situation and story. That's what makes our forum so cool. We're all diverse and we all have different stories to tell. The forum is supposed to be here for support and for fun! Right now, this is not being supportive or fun.
        @loveknowsnodistance27 Just because people have different opinions dosen't mean anyone is bashing someone's relationship. Part of us being diverse people means we have diverse opinions.
        And we can't always agree.

@kattermole loved the comment about the fifty shades of grey. haha. I never plan to read that trash.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
          @loveknowsnodistance27 Just because people have different opinions dosen't mean anyone is bashing someone's relationship. Part of us being diverse people means we have diverse opinions.
          And we can't always agree.

@kattermole loved the comment about the fifty shades of grey. haha. I never plan to read that trash.
          As much as I disagree with sarahjane, I can't say that anybody is bashing or disrespectful.

I just don't agree with her!

(I chuckled at that 50 shades comment kattermole .)

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
            As much as I disagree with sarahjane, I can't say that anybody is bashing or disrespectful.

I just don't agree with her!

(I chuckled at that 50 shades comment kattermole .)
            That's the beauty of this type of thing. we can disagree without bashing or being rude. Sometimes people take things pretty literal or like kattermole said, there's shades of grey.
            As I say, we can agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
            X