Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
    *Carrots for comfort*

I hate to say it, but it's not you, it's him. You can (and should) write down a bunch of viable options - but I think he will find fault with every one of them simply because he's not ready for this kind of step - as much as continuing the distance is hard for him. Closing the distance internationally is HARD and scary no matter where you're from.
    The thing he has to realise is, yes, you are moving for him. And that for this to work one of you has to risk a whole lot for just that other person. That is how it works. I personally find that when people start saying "Don't move for me" they mean "I'm not ready/ I'm not 100% sure" - and there's nothing wrong with that. What suggestions does he have about you closing the distance? Because it's a bit wrong of him to say "We need a plan or we're breaking up" but not actually offer any options to the discussion.

I'm sorry I don't have any practical suggestions, I don't know enough about your countries. Wish you all the best.
    I agree with this, it sounds as though he's just making excuses because he's not ready to make that next step, although I think it's harsh that he wants to break up just because you guys don't have a set plan yet there's really nothing you can do except sit him down and discuss this seriously and don't stop talking until a decision has been made.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Zephii and Sora said it better than I could have.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I want him to realise that i'm quite happy to continue as we are, LDR, and I can visit him when I get the money together, maybe he can visit me one day if he can get the money together, until such time as we are both ready to take the next step.

Like, i'm quite comfortable at the moment with what we are doing. Obviously I would prefer to physically be with him, but not until he is ready.

Maybe i'm being too forward? We've only been together since March, although we knew each other since before then, but I think it's too soon for him to put an ultimatum on us? You know? I just don't know if i'll be able to convince that to him.

Bleh. It's starting to make me feel uneasy about going to see him =(

Comment

I have to agree with the others that said it seems like he's not ready for this step. I feel like from what you've said, that anything you suggest will be shot down. Maybe try asking him bluntly if this is the case? Maybe if you both can discuss it openly then he'll be able to see that you can continue the relationship as it is until a later time.

Met online: 1/30/11
          Met in person: 5/30/12
          Second visit: 9/12/12
          Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Working...
          X