Visa / Immigration issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
    reapply! depending on who's going where, they will deny you if they are in a bad mood and just dont give a shit if your case is complicated that it needs a good looking through which is the reason i was denied. they didnt look through all the paperwork properly but the judge did and got the denial overturned, so if that ever happens and you have the chance to do so get a lawyer and appeal it! its stressful but it works!
    Wow, it makes me feel a little better knowing you had something like that happen and then have it overturned.
    Im glad. And it feels like there's 'some' light in this headache.

Why did this girl have to live so far away :P
    Worth it though in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jango View Post
      So if was to get denied due to an American having a bad day.... That's it?
      A huge dent on my relationship and life?
      What the shit am I meant to do if that happens?
      Thats what we all dread. But yeah kittyo9 is right you'll have to apply for a tourist visa like other countries who arent on the vwp.
      Its not the end of the world if you get denied it'll just be tougher to get in to the US. Or your partner can come visit you. Thats what my man and i will do.

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
        Thats what we all dread. But yeah kittyo9 is right you'll have to apply for a tourist visa like other countries who arent on the vwp.
        Its not the end of the world if you get denied it'll just be tougher to get in to the US. Or your partner can come visit you. Thats what my man and i will do.
        Its the extra cost of the VISA and the hassle of arranging an interview at a US Embassy, and having to go through that all for them to say something like "oh if you had bought evidence of this you would of been approved, make another appointment, bring the extra paperwork and you will get the visa you want"

Then you have to pay again to have another interview and get the visa.

It's just a hassle if you cant use VWP
        ~McNab

My Story
        Met first time (in person) October 2011
        Unofficially together since November 2011
        Officially together February 2012
        First visit (me to her): 25 Feb 2012 - 22 March 2012
        First visit (her to me): 28 Dec 2012 - 11 Jan 2013
        Broke up January 2014
        Got back together June 2016

Comment

Originally posted by mcnab View Post
          Its the extra cost of the VISA and the hassle of arranging an interview at a US Embassy, and having to go through that all for them to say something like "oh if you had brought evidence of this you would of been approved, make another appointment, bring the extra paperwork and you will get the visa you want"

Then you have to pay again to have another interview and get the visa.

It's just a hassle if you cant use VWP
          We know all about this... Peru doesn't get the VWP.

Although, I don't think the situation that you described would lead to you having to make another appointment-- if there is specific documentation that they ask to see but you don't currently have, my understanding is that they'll make you submit it with it without having to pay again, as per 221(g).

214(b) is when they deny you because they aren't convinced you'll come back. Or they're just not in the mood. :/
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
            We know all about this... Peru doesn't get the VWP.

Although, I don't think the situation that you described would lead to you having to make another appointment-- if there is specific documentation that they ask to see but you don't currently have, my understanding is that they'll make you submit it with it without having to pay again, as per 221(g).

214(b) is when they deny you because they aren't convinced you'll come back. Or they're just not in the mood. :/
            I've been told that here in London, if you have anything else to submit then you have to rearrange another appointment and pay the full fee again
            ~McNab

My Story
            Met first time (in person) October 2011
            Unofficially together since November 2011
            Officially together February 2012
            First visit (me to her): 25 Feb 2012 - 22 March 2012
            First visit (her to me): 28 Dec 2012 - 11 Jan 2013
            Broke up January 2014
            Got back together June 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LotusWing View Post
              Be aware that if the immigration inspector is not convinced that you are a bona fide visitor for business or tourism, you may be denied entry to the U.S.

I visited my husband in December 2009 and stayed there for 3 months (less than 90 days), and about 2 months later I wanted to visit my husband again (because I quit my job). When I was in Atlanta Airport, the immigration inspector were not convinced about me for tourism. They denied entry to the U.S. and they sent me back with the first plane to Denmark. 20 hours flight on that day...
              Same thing happened to us but he wasn't even allowed to board the plane to return. Waiting on the fiance visa now. I've been questioned when I've gone to his country but I made sure I had plenty of documentation that I was returning to the US (return ticket, work contract, apartment lease, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post

Correct. My best friend's husband just had his interview two days ago at the embassy in Stockholm (yeah, we both like foreign men lol.) He was told when he got there he needed a sponsor other than his wife due to her not making enough money. They still let him go through with the interview, he was approved, and they sent in the extra paperwork today. He should have his visa in a couple weeks time.

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
                  Correct. My best friend's husband just had his interview two days ago at the embassy in Stockholm (yeah, we both like foreign men lol.) He was told when he got there he needed a sponsor other than his wife due to her not making enough money. They still let him go through with the interview, he was approved, and they sent in the extra paperwork today. He should have his visa in a couple weeks time.
                  Was this for a visa to move to Australia? I'm a full-time student so I don't make the minimum threshold to be a sponsor, in the situation that my GF would move to Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                    Was this for a visa to move to Australia? I'm a full-time student so I don't make the minimum threshold to be a sponsor, in the situation that my GF would move to Australia.
                    No, sorry, it was to the U.S. I think you would have to have someone else say they'll sponsor her though, as my friend had to do with her husband.

Met online: 1/30/11
                    Met in person: 5/30/12
                    Second visit: 9/12/12
                    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
                      No, sorry, it was to the U.S. I think you would have to have someone else say they'll sponsor her though, as my friend had to do with her husband.
                      Yep that is correct. My parents would be more than capable of being a sponsor, but any first-hand info would have been great. Plus my GF would need to apply at the Australian embassy in Stockholm as well

Comment

Working...
                      X