Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting years before meeting your SO in person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My man and i wouldn't have dated if we couldn't meet asap considering we didn't really think of ourselves as in a relationship until we met.

Comment

i met my boyfriends 5 years ago online and weve been dating for 1 year and 4 months and when we were friends we never thought we would meet but now we know its gonna happen and we talked about it not long ago and i said i was only going to wait till i finish university and thats in 2 years. its really hard for me and he knows that but i cant wait forever, i wish i could but its not possible for me

Comment

I couldn't wait 5 years to see my SO, let alone meet him! My SO and I agreed that we could not see doing a long distance relationship unless we had a set end date in mind, and could visit at least every 3-4 months. I really could not imagine getting through the 2.5 years we've been together without that.

But then again, I don't think I could date someone that I met online. I don't mean anything bad by that, it's just that I have a very hard time getting to know people online since I don't think I really act like myself online. I generally get along with people much better in person!

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to wait 5 years for someone, but I could not and would not do that now, let alone when I was 19 - I would have missed out on so many amazing things in my life. I am even just wary of not knowing when you will close the distance, let alone meet someone - my sister and her boyfriend dated for 4.5 years and broke up because they just couldn't see how and where and when they could ever stop doing long distance.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I wouldn't and I couldn't.

For me a relationship becomes 'real' when you meet because that's when your expectations, realities and common everyday lives coincide. That's when you can see of you can problem solve, or if his dental hygiene habits are up too par. It's just five years waiting for... The person to person part of your relationship to start.

Comment

Working...
          X