Visas make everything so difficult =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaeRae View Post
    I can totally feel you and what everyone else has said. Every time I think Visa, or hear visa, I get super depressed. It's an uphill battle for me right now. I still have 1 year of school left, and *fingers crossed* I'll find someone to give me a work visa to Canada.

Good Luck to everyone undergoing this ridiculous process!!

I feel exactly like this about the word visa just the mention of it makes me stressed. It is an uphill battle but I guess we just have to think of the view from the top of the hill, it will be worth it. I currently have the one 9-5 job, stilk looking for a second job to have any chance of applying for a visa. I have just graduated but it will be another 2years till I will earn the amount needed to support my bfs visa. I guess we just have to stay strong..

Comment

I'm getting a working holiday visa for 2 years (Australia-Canada) but I haven't actually thought about what happens after that. Keep renewing the visa til I'm 30 I guess until I'm not eligible and then... oh jeez. I haven't even anticipated things that far in the future! Too cynical about the relationship I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by rina View Post
        Indeed visas are horrible. I tried to get a tourist visa for the states to visit some friends and my godfather, and i got denied. Just gave up the idea totally after the way i was treated. I was a college student with a part time job and i still didn't qualify apparently.

Now i have to freak out for the Belgium work visa in 2 years, which is horrible to get. You need to get your employer to apply for you and they need to provide proof that they haven't found any dutch qualified for the position. Not to mention education levels and diplomas from here not being recognized and such. Can always go for the marriage visa as we will have 7 years of history by then, but i refuse to do this just to work our way around the system.

I honestly don't understand the logic. In so many countries the marriage/spouse/fiancee/whatever name visa is the "easiest" to get (compared to work and some student ones) and then they complain about the high number of fake marriages just for obtaining a visa. And of course there's the number of people who actually abuse this and those getting illegally into countries who just ruin the chances for the decent and honest people.
        How soon is it until you get access to the EU free mobility?

Comment

Not much to say that previous posters haven't said. I used to get super depressed when researching Visa information. And of course, most of my friends seem to think telling me all of the horrible rejection stories about their cousin's girlfriend's friend's aunt, etc. is helpful. In fact, initially I couldn't even bring myself to do any research because the thought of it made me numb. I'm trying to look on the bright side now and concentrate on all of the positive stories I have read on the internet. I agree with the poster who said to just take it one step at a time or it can quickly become overwhelming. I've accepted the fact that we may get a RFE (request for evidence) or worse. It took a while to get to the place where I'm at now about it, but it's possible! Good luck.

Comment

i also needed help

Comment

I´m also "having problems" with visa, in my case I want to get a work visa... As a Brazilian I dont need to obtain a turistic visa, the permission is granted at the airport, but I cant quit my job here to just go there, expending my savings, just for the sake to be with my boyfriend ..

Since I finished my studies in Scotland I have applied for several jobs in UK got "no" already on the first round.... it has been very frustating...

Comment

Visa stuff is not fun!I'm looking to get a work visa to the states, but I'm self employed. UGH!

BUT, remain positive!

I once heard a great saying, that I'm trying to live by...

'There's always a way! You've just got to find it'
                I love her - like a table!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                  Visa stuff is not fun!I'm looking to get a work visa to the states, but I'm self employed. UGH!

BUT, remain positive!

I once heard a great saying, that I'm trying to live by...

'There's always a way! You've just got to find it'
                  Trying to get any "work" visa for the USA as a UK citizen is damn near impossible

But hope is the way forward. If you do find anything, please let me know as I am in a similar situation and I will do the same for you if you want
                  Met: November 2011
                  Started Dating: 5th August 2019
                  Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Comment

Aha... That sounds good! What line of work are you in?

I'm fortunate enough to know a few contacts that can help out. But it's very specific to the industry I'm in...

Comment

Originally posted by mcnab182 View Post
                      Trying to get any "work" visa for the USA as a UK citizen is damn near impossible

But hope is the way forward. If you do find anything, please let me know as I am in a similar situation and I will do the same for you if you want

I'm fortunate enough to know a few contacts that can help out. But it's very specific to the industry I'm in...

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post

I have a background in education with young people that have learning difficulties, autism, mental health problems and severe behaviour management issues.

I have some experience in the music industry as a radio presenter, sound producer and audio engineer.

I also run my own business buying and reselling items.
                        Met: November 2011
                        Started Dating: 5th August 2019
                        Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mcnab182 View Post
                          I have a background in education with young people that have learning difficulties, autism, mental health problems and severe behaviour management issues.

I have some experience in the music industry as a radio presenter, sound producer and audio engineer.

I also run my own business buying and reselling items.
                          I know that you need to have a company ready to offer you work, as a deal memo, if you're self employed... that's what I'm working on, currently.

Comment

Working...
                          X