Skype? Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype? Too much?

Is it crazy that my SO and I Skype LITERALLY 24/7? I mean we literally sleep, shower, potty, study, play games, drive, go to the store (via cell phone Skype), watch movies, tv shows, read together, homework, cook, eat, I mean literally it's like we live together. We've never officially met yet, but in 2 months exact we will.
    But any who, I've looked at past threads about this topic, I just can't find anyone else who skype's as much as we do. I don't see how I could go 1 day without skyping him, yet past threads people say they haven't in 2-3 months. I mean we even instant message while we are at school. I'm not sure we go more then 5 hours without each other...Just asked him and he says "can't even go 2 hours without ya, with taking a shit without you" :P

Is this ridiculous? Too much? I mean we love it. Just love to hear everyones ideas and how much they Skype, and how they get around with there SO.
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

Every couple is different. My SO and I skype a lot (about all day with the exception of going to work/school- we like to just be around each other whilst doing our own things) but it's important to both of us to have "me" time. When we first started dating, we would just constantly be up each other's butts until we started fighting and being miserable. That's just us though, you guys have been dating for about a year it looks like so if it's working for you, who cares what others think?

Comment

If it works for you then that's what matters

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Hey, we have the same anniversary! (Mine's 2011 though)
        Anyway, I agree with the above. As long as you both are happy with that much Skype time, then whatever other people do doesn't matter! Just as long as either of you would be ok if the other needed a break for whatever reason.

Comment

Hey, you're very lucky to be able to spend so much time with your SO.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

As long as you're both happy and feel comfortable asking for alone time when you need or want it, it's just fine. My SO and I spend a ton of time on skype. I think one time we were in a call for 50 hours or something lol. He would leave occasionally to run to the shop or whatever, we basically just went about our days as normal. I quite like spending so much time together.
            "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

That's the thing 50 hours is so short, like even when we go out to the store, we will keep our Skype up so we can see each other as soon as we walk in the door. My SO actually saw my mom and grandma naked from doing that once though... so I started to lock my door when i left...

Comment

It actually sounds rather cute to me. It's wonderful to read how much time you guys get to spent together. Not many of us can do the same.

Hehe, that's one awkward experience @~@ But seeing you lock your door, you've learned from it right?
                It might sound a lot.. that amount of skype, but it have been working so well for so long already. There is no law that says you can only spent a little amount of time together on skype.
                Just keep in mind that you don't let down your friends and/or family for this. Spend a little time with them too, so that everyone around you is happy.
                You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

I agree that as long as you're both happy, and comfortable with it, then it is fine. My SO and I usually skype a lot too, from the moment we wake up to the time we go to bed, with the exception of when I have work, or when he or I have plans to go out. It is comforting, to spend a lot of time together, and nice to have Skype running while we go on with our daily routines. I also agree that it almost brings the simulation of living together, which is nice.

Comment

I'm going to take a different look at this, while I am glad you get to spend that much time with him and you are happy. I think it is important you have time away from him. Go out with friends! Have your own time to read a book, shit in private for gods sake! Look forward to talking to each other, that is exciting because after years that excitement will fade. It is important to have a balance between relationship and your own life. It might be fun any exciting now but you both need to have hobbies that you can engage in apart from one another. I can see you posting in a few months that you have run out of things to do and talk about with the other.

Comment

I also agree that it almost brings the simulation of living together, which is nice.
                      I think this is crap. I live with my SO and I see him maybe 6 hours a day. Talking on a phone or to a screen does not simulate how living will be at all, there is responsibility to living on your own/together which includes working and not being able to skype at all hours of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                        I think this is crap. I live with my SO and I see him maybe 6 hours a day. Talking on a phone or to a screen does not simulate how living will be at all, there is responsibility to living on your own/together which includes working and not being able to skype at all hours of the day.
                        That's the only thing I'd be worried about. It's just not realistic. You can't spend 24 hours/day on skype together when you're both working 8-10 hours a day.
                        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
                          That's the only thing I'd be worried about. It's just not realistic. You can't spend 24 hours/day on skype together when you're both working 8-10 hours a day.
                          This is true, you may get on each others nerves, but hopefully if your both working it won't be so bad!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                          2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                          3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                          4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                          5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                          6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                          7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                          Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                          UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Thanks for all your opinions. I do agree we should have some alone/friend time. But in all honesty, every time we do we go right back to missing each other. We literally can't go out without wanting to talk to each other. We don't work, he goes to university, and I just graduated from high school, but I will be starting a job in 2 weeks from 7:30-4. Other then that time, we still will be skyping the rest of the day. For instance: today, he went to university and I went to tan and the gym and went grocery shopping while he did that. We left Skype up so by the time we got back it was still up, so right when I walked in- he was there and saw me put groceries up and such. We also messaged while I was on the treadmill, and at the grocery store sending him pictures. Call it a little obsessive, but we both absolutely love it. We've been doing it for almost a year now and not anywhere near "tired of it", It's like we still can't get enough of each other.

Comment

My SO and I used to Skype/talk almost all day when we first started dating. I was in high school so while I was there we just instant messaged/Facebook message and then he'd call me on the phone til I was home and then we would Skype. Looking back we used to talk all the time and it worked for us and was nice so I understand. I did like to have my own space sometimes to spend time with my dad and my friends too. Now we only get to talk for 3 hours [if we are lucky] due to his work/dissertation/uni and me taking 21 credit hours in college and being in a social club. It's a hard balance. Do what works for you, LDRs are tricky so whatever works for a couple and keeps them happy is what they should do. Glad to hear you all are so much in love! I miss my SO after we get off the phone and during the day too..it does suck being apart.

Comment

Working...
                              X