No announcement yet.

UK to USA LDRers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also in an US/UK LDR. I'm from Virginia and he's from England. 3,800 miles and a 5 hour time difference

Comment

Wow so many! Nice to meet you all

I'm in London and he's from virginia :-)

Comment

I'm in upstate NY, he's in Essex.

Comment

I'm in West Virginia, she's in Wales about to move to Yorkshire.
          sigpic
          A red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break.

First met online: September 2011
          Got together: 5th March 2012
          First met in person: 2nd July 2014
          Next time we will be together: Christmas 2014

Comment

Im in Texas Hes in Wales

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. I found this blog out of desperation to write about my long distance relationship and communicate with others who understand me. I'm a 57 year old recently separated woman, who found the love of my life 2 years ago. I've never been in love before even after 2 bad marriages. I live in Oklahoma and he lives in Tynemouth, England, which is on the east coast between Newcastle and the Scottish border. 4500 miles or so separate us. We have managed to be together 4 times in the 2 years we've known each other. We talk for at least an hour a day and Skype and Facetime almost as often. England is 6 hours ahead, as you all know, and extremely difficult to find a time to talk. I work 8-5 pm. Weekends are our saving grace. I'm planning a trip to London in six weeks, where we will have a whole week together! I'm so excited. However, there are many complications and I don't really know if we'll every be together permanently.

Comment

What I find difficult is the immigration laws. It is virtually impossible for a woman like me (working, but no high skilled degree) to ever hope to find a job and be able to live in England. However, if we got married, I guess that would solve the problem. But our relationship is complicated. :-(

Comment

My SO lives in Tynemouth! So close. I spent a month in the area last year. I loved it. We went to the Roman Wall, a football match. Sorry, he's a Sunderland fan! Loved my little flat by the sea. I want to go back soon.

Comment

Im in England (Hertfordshire) and my SO lives in America (Ohio)
                    Last edited by AngelStar17; August 19, 2014, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyOak View Post
                      Hey all,
                      I'm in UK-(Hertfordshire) and my SO is in the Midwest (IND). I was wondering what you all think of UK-USA flights. I've just come back from a visit but the flight was pretty expensive, I wondered if you new of any good deals etc.

Cheers
                      I live in Hertfordshire too what part? im in batford

Comment

I live near london, UK and my fiance is in Minnesota, USA, he is from Iowa though

Comment

I live in North Yorkshire my SO lives in Arizona
                          First met - June 2014
                          Became official - 14 October 2014
                          First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
                          I visited Arizona - June 2015
                          I visited Arizona- November 2015
                          2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
                          December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
                          May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

My SO lives in England and I Georgia, US.

Comment

I just returned from London, spending a glorious week with my love. We went to museums and shows and had a hotel just a block from Westminster Abbey! The weather was great and I was in heaven just to be with him. But, it went too fast, and before I knew it, I was on a plane for America. But we are making plans for April to visit the Lake District, which he loves!

Comment

I just want to say that I commend every single one of you for your strength. I can't imagine being so far away from my SO. We are only 954 miles apart and it's heart breaking sometimes. I would absolutely DIE if he was in another country. It's awesome to see true, committed people in this world - especially anymore! Good luck to all of you! I wish you many, many visits, and a short road to closing the distance!
                                "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                                We became a couple in April 2014
                                Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                                Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                                Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                                We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                                Our "spring break" in March 2015
                                Summer fun - June 2015
                                DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                                QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Working...
                                X