No announcement yet.

UK to USA LDRers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one thing in my favor. My daughter is a flight attendant for a US domestic airline. As her mother, I can fly on standby basis using a pass bureau ticket for international flights. For a fraction of the price of a regular ticket, I could fly to England. But standby basis is always tricky. Especially if you only have a limited time to be away. But its something I can fall back on if I get in the mood where I just have to see him! Right now, I feel like I'm in limbo. I'm sure you all feel the same. I literally get up in the morning, send a quick text to him on way to work. We do text through the day depending on how much time we have. Then I rush home after work, to Skype and talk on the phone. Usually, we have an hour to hour and half in evenings together. Then on weekends, we are able to talk a little longer and earlier since I'm not working. But I find it extremely hard to carry on with a normal life so far away from him. My heart and mind is there, not here. I find that I cancel plans with friends just to be at home during that "definite time" we can be together. I know people would advise against this, but I can't help it. It's been over 2 years now, and it's getting harder and harder to be apart.

Comment

Lycaeus, my fiance is in Minnesota as well about an hour from Minneapolis and I live in North London.

Comment

Working...
      X