Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you/when will you meet your SO's family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke with his parents over Skype a few times, and met them in person for the first time 6 months into the relationship, when they picked us up from the airport on my first visit. Tom was moving home from Canada, and I was staying with him and his family for a month. It was an awkward situation but his parents are absolutely lovely and made me feel right at home. It was around the holidays, so I also got to meet his sister who was home from uni, and his uncle, cousins, half sisters, and step brother. He met my Mom and siblings when we first started dating, and has now met almost all of my extended family. Tom was here most recently while my Mom was ill, and he took on the task of keeping family, friends and people from my Mom's church updated on her condition. He got along famously with everyone, and it's so cute that he is now facebook friends with my Mom's friends and all of my cousins.

Comment

Interesting question and a good thread topic!

I met my partner's parents on my first visit to see her. Naturally, my Ukrainian/Russian was not too good and they didn't talk a word of English so my partner had to help me out quite a bit. They're lovely people, though and now my language is better, I can talk with them and that's important.

I haven't met her real dad yet - he sounds like an interesting character so I'm looking forward to that, aha.

Comment

I met his mum, aunt, brothers and grandma on my 3rd visit. It was so very lovely. I was surprised I got to see them so soon :-) his father and sister does not live anymore. I have not yet met his eldest brother. I also really want to meet his other brother 's gf who I have only met on Skype. I have met both of his best friends, one of them likes me, the other dont.
        Last edited by differentcountries; July 16, 2014, 01:30 PM.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am meeting her for the first time at the end of August, so I have not me any of her family in real life yet.

However, I've spoken to and am FB friends with all of her brothers and sisters almost since we first started dating.

One of her brothers will be with her at the airport when I arrive. I'll meet her older sister and her family the next day. The following day I will see her entire family at her mom's house.

She won't be able to meet my family until/if we get engaged and she can come here on her K-1.

Comment

I met my SO's family about 4 months after he and I started living together. We lived in Zamboanga City, Philippines at the time and his parents live in Manila. We went to spend the winter holidays with them. Now, my SO and I moved to Manila in May and are both living with his mom(parents are separated) until we are able to save up and find our own place. She and I get along perfectly fine, but I'm really looking forward to having our own place soon..
            From the United States to the Philippines
            Met online: December 25, 2012
            Became a couple: January 8th, 2013
            Met in person/closed the distance: August 23rd, 2013
            Married: January 8th, 2015

Comment

Working...
            X