Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you end it in these circumstances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChloChlo View Post
    If you think your girlfriend is "a lunatic" you should probably break up with her.
    This!!

You also described the relationship in another thread as "torture" and said you have fantasies of ending it. If that's how the relationship makes you feel, end it for real. Love can go through rocky spots, of course, but no relationships should feel like torture, ever.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Yeah, I agree. If you're thinking she's a lunatic, and don't really trust what she says, and everything she does or says annoys the F out of you... either you need to take a step back, or end it.

Comment

Wow - now she's a lunatic. So tell me, exactly why are you trying to keep this relationship going? Neither of you are happy. Why struggle to keep something that is so dysfunctional?
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

You are incredibly demanding and do not understand your own words.

You are 27 and should act more like an adult than the teenager you have been acting like so far. Do you even understand why she changed her status the way she did, custom? Because you forced her into an ultimatum - change it or I am gone, which is childish and really not something an adult would ever do. So she changes it, even though she doesn't want to, even though she professed her love for you many times and that is not enough, all you do is want more and more and more and more.

You have some growing up to do, like, maybe not call your girlfriend a lunatic.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by ChloChlo View Post
            If you think your girlfriend is "a lunatic" you should probably break up with her.
            I you think I actually belief my girlfriend is a lunatic you should probably not be posting advice here.

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
              You also described the relationship in another thread as "torture" and said you have fantasies of ending it. If that's how the relationship makes you feel, end it for real. Love can go through rocky spots, of course, but no relationships should feel like torture, ever.
              It shouldn't, but alas they do.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
                So tell me, exactly why are you trying to keep this relationship going? Neither of you are happy. Why struggle to keep something that is so dysfunctional?
                You shouldn't assume that this state has been the permanent tenor of our relationship, in the first 5 months (when we texted 8 hours a day), and during our recent stay together our relationship was bliss, we were very happy. It's only since about 1 March that this dysfunctional lack of communication has started. It was from her side, because she thought I had become annoying, after I made her change her rel status on FB when she didn't want to.

I still think we can get through this, because I believe she really does love, just as I really love her. When she is being loving I can not imagine a better woman to be with, she just has these bipolar episodes now and then when she has to disappear and do her own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                  You are incredibly demanding and do not understand your own words.

You are 27 and should act more like an adult than the teenager you have been acting like so far. Do you even understand why she changed her status the way she did, custom? Because you forced her into an ultimatum - change it or I am gone, which is childish and really not something an adult would ever do. So she changes it, even though she doesn't want to, even though she professed her love for you many times and that is not enough, all you do is want more and more and more and more.

You have some growing up to do, like, maybe not call your girlfriend a lunatic.
                  Yes, I think you're right on all counts really. I do want too much, I should limit myself in how often I insist she show me she loves me, she already told me after all.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardMaxwell View Post
                    Yes, I think you're right on all counts really. I do want too much, I should limit myself in how often I insist she show me she loves me, she already told me after all.
                    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but you should not only limit yourself on how often you insist she shows you she loves you, you should stop immediately to insist she shows you she loves you. If she loves you, she will show you and that's how she does it, you can't force someone to show you. It'll never be sincere if you insist on it.

I wish you two all the best and hope you understand that every relationship is different and expecting perfection from a person is going to crumble them to pieces. Good luck.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by RichardMaxwell View Post
                      I you think I actually belief my girlfriend is a lunatic you should probably not be posting advice here.
                      Hey, all I have to work with is what you're giving me. I'm answering the question the title of this thread asks. Yeah, I'd end it.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                        I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but you should not only limit yourself on how often you insist she shows you she loves you, you should stop immediately to insist she shows you she loves you. If she loves you, she will show you and that's how she does it, you can't force someone to show you. It'll never be sincere if you insist on it.

I wish you two all the best and hope you understand that every relationship is different and expecting perfection from a person is going to crumble them to pieces. Good luck.
                        I think you have a point here. Thanks for the best wishes. To me having our rel be shown on FB and having her email me as well as her Ex didn't seem like asking for perfection at the time, but I have to be less on every detail, it's true.

Comment

She probably didn't email you because she was dealing with the drama of her ex and that is very stressful. She probably knew you'd only get angry and you were already demanding on her so it seems reasonable she didn't feel safe confiding in you. You seem to be very insecure in the relationship and seem to be pushing her away and every time she does confide in you you only push her away more.

Comment

Working...
                          X