Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with UK partners want to be friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kerry92 View Post
    Well damn stock that fridge so she cannot complain lol Yeah 3 weeks is a good amount of time to be spending together, means you can plan out stuff and even have some lazy days in between. Either way I am sure you guys will have fun Aww I am sorry to hear about his health issues I do hope they are not too limiting. But by now you must be a pro at dealing with them so am sure you guys will be fine. Uh I am not sure we both work crazy hours/rotas but I do want to go over maybe March next year so hopefully then.
    Yeah, I asked her what she wanted and it was all junk lol. I will make her a roast for Thanksgiving though. I went to the hotel in which my man will be staying in today to set everything in stone and the person that I was supposed to talk to wasn't there. That kinda made me angry. I thought about going around to different other hotels to book him into because this is ridiculous! This hotel is 10 minutes from me and is new so I want him to stay there but this is a bit much. Plus, I am paying for it! He doesn't want me to but it's the least I can do since he is coming over twice in one year. He is living off a pension so it's not like he can do this all the time. I just want him to want for nothing. I hope you can get over at some point. I hear you about working. I wish I could take off but a co worker is having surgery and another one is going to Vegas so I can't leave.
    LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

Hahaha to be expected lol n Oooh Thanksgiving dinner sounds good, homely food for the winter hehe. I am sorry to hear about the hotel, it's terrible that they couldn't even at least have more than one person help you with the booking, not like you are planning for a mass party or anything. Might be worth having a look elsewhere as a back up just incase this one falls through. When I visit I always have like 3 hotels in my list that way if one goes tits up (pardon the french lol) I have back up. Aww that's adorable that you are paying for it and i totally see where he is coming from, Money and pensions here in the UK are dire but I am sure regardless of where he will be staying he will just be happy to be with you Yeah work is a massive block for LDR's sometimes and it sucks you have to work for some of his visit, but just think how good it will be to get off work and see him
      When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

Comment

Ha! Back up hotels will be tough around here with the same amenities so I hope this one will be ok. I will go out today and look at another one that I like but it is about $1k than I want to pay! He wants to cook for me and the one I book has an area to cook but you have to borrow a cooktop. The more expensive one has a full kitchen. That price though......The problem with the one I booked is that there were too many people dealing with it. No one is on the same page. I also had to check on his transportation to get to the hotel and back to the airport because the company quoted him a crazy price. Somehow this trip is worse planned than the first one. He did everything himself on his end. Oh well, hopefully, things work out.
        LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

$1k Jesus that is mental...hope you find one a bit cheaper! n Aww that is cute he wants to cook for you though Hopefully you get this ordeal sorted and can look forward to planning when he is here soon. Yeah transfers from the airport can be extortionate at times but if you shop around then you might get a deal, also might be worth asking him to look too as sometimes it will be cheaper from this end.

Comment

I think we are going to stay with the first choice and he is going with the transport from here that will bring him here from the airport. It's just too stressful to look for all these alternatives. I was so stressed out just looking at all this. Everything is good except a car rental which he can do when he is here. Anyway, I hope you have a good week
            LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

Well that is good atleast then you kinda have some cemented ideas on his staying. You too I am rushed off my feet with work so it's busy. ;p

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm Meena from London and my SO is in Italy for his career. My first LDR. It's all a bit unclear - no end date in sight - so it's monthly visits and calls for us. I'm an affectionate person and I'm dreading the non-touch, physical separation. He's good at compartmentalising (the lucky guy). I'm basing this LDR on our good Communication, trust and love. I know I should get a life/hobbies/rely on friends in the meantime. Will do. But are there any more tips or practical things that I could do to lessen the physical impact? Is a hug pillow sad? And does anyone suddenly fear the other person will stop communication and fade away, or just call it quits when they get into their new life?? That's another thing running through my mind. Would appreciate your help. In london if you'd like to be friends too.

Comment

Welcome! We here are all in the same or similar situations so we know what you are feeling and how hard it is to cope and deal with it. Firstly I would like to congratulate you on posting here, it can be hard and it takes a lot to open yourself up about emotions and inner fears. But in doing so you have shown you are a strong person and you are among others who share your strength. Communication is key to any type of relationship but LDR more as we lack the close quarter means that most non-LDR take for granted. Having a good group around you to support you and be there is also essential, it can help ease the strain of not being able to speak to your SO at times. As you touched on a hobby is a good way to use up your free time and build a life for you and it also provides a new topic of conversation for you and your partner to talk about and grow to learn about especially if it something you feel strongly about, they can be your very own fan club lol. As for a hug pillow being sad...Not in the slightest we all have little things we associate with out SO and I think the idea of a cuddle pillow is kind of cute. I myself have my SO favorite Hoodie that he gave me on our first meeting (without my knowledge he has slipped it into my suitcase) which I wear all the time, when I miss him, when we face time or even when I just need to heat up lol It is hard but again you are reaching out and this is a great community for support and advice and some of the people here can relate and give advice. Stay strong and I wish you both the best of luck! (P.S I am from Glasgow so welcome southern neighbor lol)

Comment

Hi Meena! Welcome to the club lol. People here are very welcoming and supportive. I have a brush with my So's hair that he gave me before he left last time so I get to smell his hair when I want to. He is smaller than me so I couldn't wear anything he wears. He's pretty particular about what he wears so our fashion sense doesn't match much. He's much older than me so he wears really different things. I keep trying to get him to by a flat cap! Anyway, I work alot, have hobbies and take care of my 17 yr old daughter so my life is pretty busy so it takes the edge off the missing my man part. We talk every night(unless we are tired) on whatsapp so we don't miss the communication. He has a hard time with his phone but when it doesn't work he emails me to tell me what's up or to check in with me. Since you are not too far apart, you may be able to visit??? If not just try to facetime, whatsapp, skype when you can. I do miss the touch sometimes(mostly the hand holding) but when you see each other again it is the best!
                    LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

I'm in the UK and bf is in Canada

Comment

I'm in UK with partner in California too!

Comment

Cool! Wherebouts?
                          LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to chat! I'm in Texas, and my boyfriend is in the UK after we met through work. We had to cancel trips because of the travel ban and I'm in constant panic mode. Definitely let me know if you wanna commiserate haha

Comment

Yes ma'am! I just need to chat with someone over here that knows what's up Get in touch
                              LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

Haha! Are you in the same situation dealing with the bans? Where are you living?

Comment

Working...
                                X