Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes about 5 days from here to AZ.

Comment

It takes 5-10 days for my letters to get to him. Sometimes they arrive super fast and sometimes... not so much! A few of his have gotten to me within 2-3 days, but they usually take a week. No letters have gotten lost yet *knocks on wood*, but one did get really delayed! It was strange too because I sent a card to his mom at the same time and she got hers right on schedule. Our envelopes have been opened by postal workers though and some envelopes arrive looking pretty beat up.

Comment

I'm in Louisiana and she's in Connecticut and takes a week.

Seems like a whole 'nuther country.

Comment

My last package and first one I sent him took two months... crazy! I sent it from Macau to Chile, but still I'm used to send packages between me and my mom when I'm in Portugal (so between Macau and Portugal) and it only takes a week, so I never expected it to take two whole months. I thought it was lost or stolen...

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
          Got separated: August 2016
          Reunion: July 2017
          Officially together: January 2018
          ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Death View Post
            I sent an envelope of cards and letters to my SO and it took 3 weeks and 2 days to reach him.
            (From Philippines to the US)

The lady at the post office then told me that it would take at least 10 days, but during peak season, it takes longer.
            Hi LadyDeath, which courier carries your packages and letters in the Philippines? I'm from the PH too, and I have no idea how I can send a letter and a box of goodies to my SO in the US.

Comment

letters need more or less 4 to 5 weeks if they ever get there (which they normally dont)
              packages well... one needed 2 weeks another one more than 2 months. One never got there.
              The other way around it needs about 3 weeks.

Comment

letter tend to be around a week, packages up to around 2 weeks. Posting my easter gift today just to make sure it gets there in time.

Comment

From Finland to England letters usually take 2-5 working days (depends on if I'm too lazy to drag myself to the post box 50 metres away before half 3 or not :P ) and a parcel 5 days +. I've sen't 2 parcels so far, both rather big and heavy, and it took exactly 5 working days for both, even if one was during Christmas... The other way around you can add atleast 2 days on the letters as well as to the parcels... I posted a parcel from England to Finland (during Christmas though, so I expected it to take a bit longer) and I arrived a week and a half before the actual parcel (I sent it about 5 days before I left... On the other hand it was crackers, so I imagine the customs were a bit confused... Probably had to look the law over fireworks up :P )
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

When I used to write to my then pen pal, now my hubby it used to take anything from 5 days to a month. Then again it had to go through certain clearances before it reached him, so I allowed for this. But it was so frustrating waiting to hear from him. Especially as it was our ONLY way of communicating back then, no phone calls just letters & the odd visit when I could afford it. So if we had any problems you couldn't just discuss it straight away, it took time & that caused us many problems. I'm glad I don't have to rely on snail mail anymore, although I did enjoy it at the time....

Started Writing - February 2010
                    First Visit - September 2010
                    Second Visit - June 2011
                    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                    NOA1 - July 2012
                    NOA2 - December 2012
                    Fourth Visit - December 2012
                    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

I've sent a couple letters and a few packages to my SO, from the US to Northern England, and it gets there within a week at most, usually 4-5 days or so. It all depends on what day I send it (Monday versus Saturday) and the postal service.
                      *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

about 3 weeks. you really have to plan ahead or just leave it as a surprise so both of you are surprised when something gets there! lol

Comment

Bottom line: It takes WAY too long xD

Comment

I have it three weeks from czech republic to south africa and when i want it super quick then it´s two weeks. But when i sent a peckage it took a month!!! And i was so angry cause thought they lost it!

Comment

Mail service between Argentina - Sweden has worked pretty well the times we've sent each other stuff. Takes about 2 weeks or so, but the things are always whole and not broken which is always a plus!

Met online: February 2011
                              Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

It usually takes about 2 weeks for me from South Africa to Germany. However, I remember getting a postcard 1 month after it was sent to me :/

Comment

Working...
                                X