Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*is single* but when i send letters from the US to Chile or Chile to the US it can take up to 3 months to arrive both ways, but now that CorreosChile is on strike there is no way to get mail to or from Chile :s (sucks cause i have to mail something to my new internship there before I can start).

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
      *is single* but when i send letters from the US to Chile or Chile to the US it can take up to 3 months to arrive both ways, but now that CorreosChile is on strike there is no way to get mail to or from Chile :s (sucks cause i have to mail something to my new internship there before I can start).
      I would assume that because the mail system is not tip-top the internship would likely accept everything scanned and via email. Since CR mail system sucks so bad, no one ever asks for anything in the mail. Ever.

Or you have to pay some big bucks and get it sent privately- DHL or FedEx.

Comment

It takes about 3-6 working days for us, his birthday present was posted on a Thursday and arrived the following Wednesday.
        Counting the days until we close the distance.
        EmmaCupcake Loves JoshehSlayzZombiez

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          I would assume that because the mail system is not tip-top the internship would likely accept everything scanned and via email. Since CR mail system sucks so bad, no one ever asks for anything in the mail. Ever.

Or you have to pay some big bucks and get it sent privately- DHL or FedEx.
          They need it mailed as they need an official notarized copy to attach with my visa application, but I talked to my school and they FedEx'd it for me ($108)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

It takes forever pretty much it seems... *sigh* My SO sent me a package about three weeks ago and I still haven't received it When I sent something to him before though it took exactly 2 weeks.

Comment

I sendt a package and supposedly if would take up to 6 days, but it was more like one and half week... of course even more because there happened to be a holyday in his country. I got really nervous and thought maybe someone stole the package... I suppose a post card will take no more than a week. I might send him one just to check... But mostly I think I will want to give him something as well, even if just a small thing. Hopefully your letter will arrive in perfect order, even if a bit late
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't think I'm going to chance sending packages. I've sent 3 letters/cards from the US to Guatemala. The first took only about 1 week or 1.5 weeks at the most (I was kind of shocked). The second took 4 weeks. I sent his birthday card 2 weeks ago just in case and it has yet to arrive. Hopefully it'll get there by his Nov. 13 birthday...or I'll get there first with his real gift...
                When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Letters from Germany to the US take about a week or a little more; I haven't tried sending packages yet, but I'm sure it'll take > 1 month. We'll see!
                  first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                  second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

I know as I write to penpals, that it takes around 7-10 days for letters to get to USA from the UK. I am going to start writing to my SO soon!! He lives in Minnesota, USA and I live in London, UK. I wonder what I will write first, probably whatever comes to mind. I am so excited about it!!

Comment

Nowadays it seems things take up to 3 weeks - a letter took 18 working days to get to him even when I paid twice to send it as priority mail. That caused a bit of a problem in our visa application process, beccause we had to have the original sigature on the letter from the hotel. The priority mail sucked, it arrived only 2 days before his package sendt in ordinary mail so it was a lot of money for nothing, I will consider something private next time I need something to arrive there fast! If I visit once a month I don't think I will bother to send him much stuff in the mail - it is much easier just to bring it when I come. It is a bit stressful to send him stuff because he gets exited like a kid and dissapointed every days that gets by where it has not arrived yet
                      Last edited by differentcountries; February 18, 2014, 06:16 PM.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Usually letters take between 3-7 days, but packages.. man they take forever! The one my parents sent for christmas took over a month.
                        I sent visa papers to him, let's see how long they are gonna take.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                        Married: 1/24/2015
                        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

when I send a letter it take 6 or 7 days to get to Italy. Whenever I send a small package, takes roughly 1 week 1/2 to 2 weeks. It's really not that much.
                          sigpic
                          Met August 2012
                          Official Nov. 18 2012
                          Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                          He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                          I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

From Vancouver to New Orleans.. it takes about 2 weeks. Still waiting for his Valentine's Day card... sigh D:
                            [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                            became official: 28.03.11
                            first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                            second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                            our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                            third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                            fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                            surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                            viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                            jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                            my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

My boyfriend sent a Valentines Day card from Texas to his dad's P.O. box in NY, and it took 10 days... would've taken a lot longer to get to my house just over the border though. Sigh.
                              started dating: 12/08/12
                              "i love you": 04/12/13
                              el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                              montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                              el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                              montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                              el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                              el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                              el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                              san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                              san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

From here to Denmark both mail and packages go for about 4 days, which is awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X