Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would (did) you want your fiance to go wedding dress shopping with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would (did) you want your fiance to go wedding dress shopping with you?

Or would (did) you want a surprise?

My SO didn't come with me, but I put it on for him as soon as I got home. I think when we have our big party and I get a big ole puffy dress to wear to that one I won't ask him to come. But mostly because I think he'd be bored. No superstition or anything on my part.

And you?

Nope! I'd want to do it without him cause chances are I'd try it on and he'd look at the tag to check washing instructions...

Comment

No. He didn't see it until the morning of the wedding, when we took pictures before the ceremony. We didn't wait out of superstition; we both wanted it to be a surprise.
      My heart belongs to a pilot!
      ~*~
      ~*~
      [/center]

Comment

I don't want him to come with me when I go shopping for it. I'll tell him about it, vaguely, like, "it's white." I'll tell him the important things about it, like if it's within the budget or not, but he'll see it the day of. He's said he doesn't want to see it before that day anyway, so that works for me. We're not superstitious, it's just one of the little things that we want to keep the surprise there, since he wants to be very involved with the rest of the planning process.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

He did... only because there was no-one else and I was terrified of being bullied by the dress-store people.

Thankfully it was so long ago that my SO has forgotten what it looks like He knows it's lace but that's about it.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was on the fence about it, but in the end he didn't come with me. He had a vague idea of what it looked like because he drew some artwork for the wedding, and needed a guestimation of what my dress was like.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We've talked about it and I would love for him to come with me to look and pick out a few favorites, but the ultimate choice would be up to me and he wouldn't know my pick until the day of.

Comment

I'm not superstitious but I only want my mom there. He won't see a thing until I'm coming down the aisle!

Comment

I wouldn't really care either way, but from what I know of my so, he's the type that doesn't want to see the dress until the actual wedding.. so he probably wouldn't be there.
                  "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                  This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                  Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I'm not superstitious but I would want to surprise him. Chances are that I will end up at least telling him about it. I'm not very good at keeping my surprises a surprise. Like when I buy him gifts I always crack and end up telling him what I got him because I'm excited to see his reaction. :P

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

No, I wouldn't want him to come with! A bit out of superstition, but mostly for the surprise

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                        Nope! I'd want to do it without him cause chances are I'd try it on and he'd look at the tag to check washing instructions...
                        Yes! Someone else who has to deal with this! I have to do our laundry when he leaves the house, or else he hovers and complains about how I do it (I've never ruined a single article of his clothing, btw -.-)

I think I'd go without him. Not because of superstition, but because I would like to surprise him at the wedding

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                        \

Comment

Nope and no.

First time, we were told about all the bad luck crap and decided to roll with it (ended in divorce so jokes on you lol)

Second time, im not even having a dress (so casual you wont know who the bride and groom are if your didnt know us) but if i were, i wouldnt ask him to come as he'd be bored and he hates shopping. If he wanted to see me in the dress I'd put it on for him.
                          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I already know the brand of dress that she wants, but not the design. She'll get whatever she wants with or without me there, so I'll let her do it on her own/with her buddies.

Comment

No way. I want it to be a surprise! I want the first time he sees me to be when I walk in the church with my daddy

Oh and I can't imagine the reaction to me saying to my SO: "Baby I want you to go on a marathon shopping day with me to find a dress that is perfect. I will probably nitpick at all the other ones, complain about my looks, and worry about how much the dresses cost. You will probably think all the dresses look the same and be bored out of your mind. Doesn't that sound like fun?!" He knows how horrible I am when I shop and he hates shopping. Not a good combo.

Edit: I would like to bring with me... my mommy, my SO's mom, maybe my SO's stepmom, and my best friend for 5+ years who will be my maid of honor. That's it!
                              Last edited by floridaellen; September 12, 2012, 08:05 PM.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X