Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would (did) you want your fiance to go wedding dress shopping with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO BOYS ALLOWED! Lol, I will not allow my SO to be there when I pick it out. I am slightly superstitious, but I really just want it to be a surprise for him. I want to see the look on his face when he sees me walking down the aisle. I think I will only be going with my mom, maybe my stepmom and maybe my SO's mom.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I am in the middle of wedding dress shopping. He came with me to the first place but only because we live far away from friends and family right now. I went with my mom and sister when I found the one I really want to buy. He is dying to see it but I am gonna try to keep it a surprise for the big day.

Comment

I think I'd want it to be a surprise, to see that look on his face as I walk down the isle and he face just screams "damn she's gorgeous" I think it would ruin that if he saw the dress before hand.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Only my mom and maid of honor went with me when I tried on wedding dresses. My fiance was all for going with me, but I told him he couldn't. I want it to be a surprise! I was so excited about my dress, though, that I showed him a picture of it from the website. Whenever I bring it up though, he always says that he's forgotten what it look like which is a good thing to me.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Nah...but not out of tradition or superstition, but because guys are generally a pain in the ass to shop with
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              Nah...but not out of tradition or superstition, but because guys are generally a pain in the ass to shop with
              Haha- This! At least in the case of my SO, he would HATE it. He would be able to handle it for 15 minutes, tops. I've been dress shopping with friends, and I know how long it takes to just try on one dress. I'd like his input, but I think it would be more fun without him.

Comment

We were actually originally planning a casual, courthouse wedding with jeans and t-shirts, but my sister found an awesome, Renaissance-style dress in this kind of hippie shop in our local mall and thought it looked like it would fit me and make a nice dress. She and I were hanging out and she suggested we go to the mall, and we went into that little shop, and she showed me the dress. Well, I wasn't actually planning to wear a dress at all, but I tried it on and it fit like a glove so I decided I wanted it. As a gift, my sister bought it for me. It was 40 bucks, but it's really pretty and nice. It's also purple, my favorite color. My husband is really into both Medieval and Renaissance stuff, so I modeled it for him on cam since he was still in Russia at the time. He really loved it so we decided to have a more dressy wedding. My parents ended up paying for us to get married in a little chapel, which also turned out really awesome. We still had our simple wedding, but in a really pretty venue. It was a surprise and spontaneous thing, so of course my husband didn't come with me dress shopping. But if I had been dress shopping prior, I'd probably have gone with my sister, mom, or girlfriends.

Comment

I wanted him to come with me, but he told me he would just be lost. Then I told him i wanted to pick a dress that i look pretty is so that's why he should come with me, and he said I will look beautiful in any dress (total awwww moment.) SO i decided that when I go I will either go with my girlfriends or by myself.

Comment

No way!! When that time comes it HAS to be a surprise! That way I can take his breath away when I walk down the aisle

Comment

he would come with me if I asked him to, and i wish he could, but i have a wedding board on pinterest and he liked a dress on there so i think i will try to find something like the dress that he likes.
                      Kimberly J
                      https://kimberlyandvernon.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ours will be a courthouse wedding, so after finding a dress online, for a few days I did wonder whether I was supposed to show it to my SO or not. Ultimately I did decide to, because it's a vintage dress I really thought he'd dig - plus we haven't told anyone else what we're doing, so I couldn't keep that secret to myself. He really wanted to see it, so I'm glad I did show him - and his response was simply, "That's the dress I want to marry you in". He kept insisting on paying for it, so after I bought it he gave me the money. It wasn't expensive or anything, but it does feel weird that he's paid for the dress I'm going to get married in.

Anyway, I'm planning on having the neckline altered and some other bits modified before the plunge has been taken, so hopefully when he sees me in it, it'll be a teensy bit of a surprise.

On the flip side - is anyone seeing their other half's suit before the big day? I'm most certainly going suit shopping with my SO, as any self-respecting control freak would I imagine. He appreciates my input, hates shopping alone, and I want him to look damn sexy on our wedding day.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKaz View Post
                          On the flip side - is anyone seeing their other half's suit before the big day? I'm most certainly going suit shopping with my SO, as any self-respecting control freak would I imagine. He appreciates my input, hates shopping alone, and I want him to look damn sexy on our wedding day.
                          My SO wont wear a suit. He already has a nice pair of jeans he can wear, Id like him to buy a nice button up shirt and a bow tie. I probably will go shopping with him because if I dont he wont get a purple bow tie like I want him to wear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                            My SO wont wear a suit. He already has a nice pair of jeans he can wear, Id like him to buy a nice button up shirt and a bow tie. I probably will go shopping with him because if I dont he wont get a purple bow tie like I want him to wear!!!
                            I think the biggest reason why my boyfriend would agree to have a wedding ceremony is the fact he gets to wear a three piece suit and a bow tie... He's such a princess.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                              I probably will go shopping with him because if I dont he wont get a purple bow tie like I want him to wear!!!
                              A. Maz. Ing. Bow ties are totally swanky.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
                                I think the biggest reason why my boyfriend would agree to have a wedding ceremony is the fact he gets to wear a three piece suit and a bow tie... He's such a princess.

Comment

Working...
                                X