Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would (did) you want your fiance to go wedding dress shopping with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainKaz View Post

On the flip side - is anyone seeing their other half's suit before the big day? I'm most certainly going suit shopping with my SO, as any self-respecting control freak would I imagine. He appreciates my input, hates shopping alone, and I want him to look damn sexy on our wedding day.
    My SO got a tailor to make him a replica of David Tennant's suit from Dr Who, but in black instead of blue. He luuuuurves it! and I need to find a light blue bow tie for him to wear- he is insistent he needs to wear one

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
      My SO got a tailor to make him a replica of David Tennant's suit from Dr Who, but in black instead of blue. He luuuuurves it! and I need to find a light blue bow tie for him to wear- he is insistent he needs to wear one
      Niiiiiiice. How much did it cost to have a bespoke suit made?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKaz View Post
        Niiiiiiice. How much did it cost to have a bespoke suit made?
        www.magnoliclothiers.com. I think it was $475, with shipping from New Zealand included- fits him perfectly and it's high, high quality. We considered it an investment as he didn't own a suit before and he'll get a lot of use out of it. He's short but all muscles so usually looks boxy in standard suits; He looks mighty fine in this one if I do say so myself Have to think, it's not just the bride's day, it's the groom's day too, and I like that he put so much thought into what he wants to wear for his big day We're both wearing converse too underneath, so with the suit, converse and bow-tie, he's going to look true Whovian lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
          www.magnoliclothiers.com. I think it was $475, with shipping from New Zealand included- fits him perfectly and it's high, high quality. We considered it an investment as he didn't own a suit before and he'll get a lot of use out of it. He's short but all muscles so usually looks boxy in standard suits; He looks mighty fine in this one if I do say so myself Have to think, it's not just the bride's day, it's the groom's day too, and I like that he put so much thought into what he wants to wear for his big day We're both wearing converse too underneath, so with the suit, converse and bow-tie, he's going to look true Whovian lol
          I love Converse at weddings, they just look adorable. Thank you for the link - I can't believe they did a suit for under $500! I'm going to force my fiance to look here now, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
            I think the biggest reason why my boyfriend would agree to have a wedding ceremony is the fact he gets to wear a three piece suit and a bow tie... He's such a princess.
            omg this made me laugh. haha. I'm sure I'd have to pick out a nice suit for him cause my boyfriend has no fashion sense what so ever!

Comment

Being raised in the south, bringing a fiancé to pick out a wedding dress is a big no no! haha.
              Number one, my SO would be bored out of his mind. When I discuss wedding stuff he rarely pays attention now. LOL we're not even engaged yet.
              I want it to be a total surprise! I want him to see me for the first time when I walk down the aisle. I want to bring (happy tears) to his eyes. <3

Comment

Nope, I want to go the traditional route. I don't want him to see me til the day of the wedding. Though he has expressed interesting in coming shopping with me when the time comes....but yea no!
                "You want for myself
                You get me like no one else
                I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                Even in the darkest part of me
                I am beautiful with you
                Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                You're here with me
                Just show me this and I'll believe
                I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I will most likely buy the dress with my family here and won't have my man with me, which is too bad, because he is very honest about the way I look and would help me feel better, but I think I'd like to see his face light up when he sees me walking down the aisle

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I want it to be a surprise!
                    I don't want him to see me in my dress until the day of our wedding.

Comment

I like the more traditional way of doing it. I wouldn't want my SO to see it until our wedding day. I was raised in the south too, that's just not heard of lol

Comment

Although I don't favor having a wedding with big dresses and a suit, if I did, I definitely would want to leave it as a surprise o:

Comment

I would like my SO to come, he's very picky but when ive shopped with him, he is sweet about it and makes me feel good.... although the charm is wearing off for him, lol I take to long and he gets bored, he rather me hurry snap a few pics in the dressing room and show him then me coming out and modelling it for him. But for a wedding dress he'd be more into it I think, he knows how it means something to me. Plus I'd like to know I look amazing but also he thinks I look good in it :P
                          But when there and I was only looking at ideas online, and showed him, his mom said don't show him! He's not allowed to see, and apparently not supposed to see the bridesmaids dresses either lol So if i were to get a dress over there he may not be able to. So well see lol
                          I love you Nathan <3
                          sigpic
                          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Heck no! No superstition, I just really want it to be a surprise. Years back when I went to his high school prom, he didn't see the dress till the moment I got to his house. His jaw dropped. I just think it's more fun that way. Hopefully I can keep it a surprise from him till the day of lol. Knowing me I'd be too excited to not show him xD.

Comment

I'm honestly not sure if I would want him there or not. He's asked me several times when we have talked about our future and getting married if he could come wedding dress shopping with me. I think I'm leaning more toward a surprise though because I want to see his reaction when he first sees me when I begin to walk down the aisle.
                              sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Nope. We definitely want it to be a surprise. So he'll only get to see it on our big day! (:

Comment

Working...
                                X