No announcement yet.

Seeing Each Other Before the Ceremony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figure that I might do this, just for fun and to give me a big surprise when I see my GF in the dress!

I'm more worried about her getting abducted by her Estonian buddies and holding her hostage, with the fee for her release involving me having to do stupid tasks to 'earn' her (It's an Estonian thing, her brother-in-law told me all about what he had to do)

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
      But really it's about what works for you. I don't think there's really a solid reason not to see or speak to each other, so if that's your preference do it! But, on the other hand, praying alone might be something you need to do that morning. It is a big transition in your life, and I don't know how it works in your religion, but in mine at least the prayers for men and women for their transitions/rites of passage are a little different.
      Zephii, we plan on praying alone before we see each other, if we do see each other before the ceremony. We know it's a major life change, and we want to keep God in the center of our relationship.

floridaellen, yes! I love that picture. (thank you, pinterest!) If we don't see each other before the ceremony, something like that will happen. But, for timeline's sake, pictures may be all beforehand.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I don't really mind either way. I would probably freak out less if I know what was going on, where he was, and that everything is in order.. that's just how I am. But on the other hand, I'm okay with following traditions and waiting as well. He seems to be rather traditional in that sense so he would probably prefer if I didn't see him beforehand and vise-versa. We haven't really talked about that or anything, I'm just guessing based on his values, a few other things, and how the fake weddings we have done online have gone. XD
        "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
        This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
        Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          I definitely don't want to see my SO before the wedding. I want to see the look on his face as I walk down the aisle looking all bridely.
          I agree

Comment

We're doing pictures before ceremony, also for timeline sake. I've been warming up to the idea of a first look, so we probably will end up doing that.

Comment

I don't want him to see me until I walk down the aisle I am a stresser, so I will be stressing out and worrying up to the moment that I walk out with my daddy. I don't want him to see me beautiful and stressed, just beautiful

Comment

My SO and i are still planning. But i know for sure i do not want her to see me in my outfit till the last possible minute. with someone having a video cam trained on her beautiful face so i will have her reaction for life. But i dont think it is bad luck if you see your SO before the ceremony. I think its everyones personal choice weather they do or dont. I just want to see her reaction.

Comment

I definitely want to pray with my SO before the ceremony when the time comes, but I would do it in a way where we didn't see each other. I am very superstitious (thanks to my Irish Catholic grandfather) plus I want that genuine reaction of my SO and I seeing each other for the first time when I come down the aisle.

Comment

well i actually can think of a few ways for this to happen.

1. have someone set up a cloth that will hide you both from each other.
                    2. Be blindfolded and have someone help you both to where you will pray.
                    3. have a comp and mic set up in two different rooms so you can pray togeter without being in the same room or phones.

Comment

Originally posted by annieszabo View Post
                      well i actually can think of a few ways for this to happen.

1. have someone set up a cloth that will hide you both from each other.
                      2. Be blindfolded and have someone help you both to where you will pray.
                      3. have a comp and mic set up in two different rooms so you can pray togeter without being in the same room or phones.
                      those are good ideas, and although i'm not against seeing him before the ceremony, i'm considering the blindfolding option. When we pray together we always hold hands, and so I wouldn't be able to do the sheet or the different rooms options (it just doesn't feel right to me to pray with him and not be holding hands).

i'm still on the fence about the whole thing, but it's great to see other people's opinions & what you all want to do. i tend to be over emotional about some things, and i know i'll be crying as it is on our wedding day. i know i'll still cry when i walk down the aisle... i think i'll talk to Nix again (if I can even get in touch with him, he's being a butt head...) and then talk to the photographers once we find them & see what they prefer/what makes sense for our timeline. (they're the experts, after all. )

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I think the idea of praying together beforehand is really touching and sweet I kind of wish my SO was into it, but oh no, I can't see that happening somehow! Anyway, I'd say the blindfold option is the best one.

I wouldn't want my SO to see me before I walk down the aisle.
                        Last edited by lademoiselle; November 2, 2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X